Tuesday, November 4, 2008

a wee little bit of thankfulness

My pal KC wants folks to examine their lives and think about what they can feel grateful about. I have a million things to be grateful about, esp. today! So I'll just kinda roll with it:
grateful to vote, have a full belly after lunch, grateful for that coffee too, and all my sweet cats and dogs, esp. grateful for the HUGE blessing of meeting and marrying my wife, that sweet little pumpkin, grateful to my mom and dad for raising an independent thinker, grateful for my sister and her family because they are all so smart and generous and loving, grateful for all that pumpkin bread my mom gave me the other day and we had for breakfast plus those brownies she gave us and we finished last night, grateful to be able to vote today and nobody tried to make me vote one way or another or jail me or hit me on the head, grateful that we live in a pretty safe community full of nice people grateful for all my many friends, new and old, esp. Denis who goes back to day one in college and all my bloggy friends like KC, FW, TT, Cheri, Lynda, Linda, CM, Gord, Susan, Michelle and Tink and on and on sorry if I didn't mention you but I have as many as 100 bloggy friends and I am VERY grateful for all of them, and grateful to the parking lady yesterday not charging me even though I was a minute over the hour and grateful for my education and the chance to use it fa#ting around everyday making stuff, grateful for hot weather (!!!!) here in New York in November and grateful to live in the US because although not perfect, I can go where I want and do what I want and usually nobody is hitting me over the head, grateful for soy and food chemists for making the life of a vegan very easy and grateful that I am absolutely ordinary in my desires so that simple this or that makes me happy every day: I don't need a yacht or mansion, and grateful for my awesome purple house and little green Subaru and the fact that we owe on neither, nor owe anything anywhere else either, grateful once again for my beautiful and foxy wife who has helped make a fun life and career of making pottery possible. Love you sweetie!

13 comments:

Aleta said...

What a lovely post and so much to be grateful for. No wonder you have so much to smile about!

Anonymous said...

:-)

Anonymous said...

yes, a great post!

i'm grateful you are in my life! i'm am grateful for this blog. you are truly a fantastic person! ditto for maude!

Anonymous said...

Yay, Gary!! I knew you to be a contented person, so I am glad to see you just run with a stream-of-consciousness format. Your name is definitely in the hat. Wonder who will get the prize? It's worth getting, I will say that!! It'll be more to be thankful for...

Tink said...

Posts don't get much better than this... :)

Fortune Cookies said...

What a wonderful post! Makes me want to hug you and tell you how grateful I am to have found your blog!

Gary's third pottery blog said...

my wife the love muffin little pumpkin is a tad embarrassed...

Unknown said...

Hey! she should be strutting around to the tune of A Pretty Girl is Like a Melody. And I think she's pretty doggone lucky, too! And, I, for one, feel exceedingly lucky for that day I came across your blog and recognized it for exactly the place I most wanted to visit daily!

Susan as Herself said...

That's a darn good list. You are a lucky guy indeed!

PEACE said...

I am grateful for your purple house, too!

AND all the soy products that means I don't just have to eat squash to be a vegetarian!

Anonymous said...

I'm grateful I found your blog and grateful that you Democrats used your voices IN FORCE today. Y'all should be proud! Way to go, Dems. Ya did good.

cm said...

I wasn't feeling all too thankful this time yesterday, but things are much better now.

You forgot celeste, but I won't tell her. ;-)

Lynda said...

Awwww... what an amazing list and I feel blessed to be a part of it :-)

You have no idea how grateful we are to "know" you, too!