Monday, November 3, 2008

Hopelessly behind in reading blog posts AND SOME MONEY IS SPENT...




WATCH love...........................
what does this have to do with pottery, you say? NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING!!!!!!!!!
Here's my buddy Kate the watch repair lady picking at the chain of the train watch that I AM GETTING FOR CHRISTMAS. I made an offer, there was a counter offer, I pulled out the check book. It works beautifully and is from 1916. You can see the little hunter (clamshell case watch) sitting there with Kate. Nobody wants it, it is depised!!! Why? Because it is a pretty little thing, not solid gold, and the price is very good. But it is, I found before I bought it, BROKEN. I said ixnay. Fix it, I said, and I will buy it. We shall re-meet next week.

The other hunter I mentioned below, solid gold??? Whopping huge price, super expensive, worth the same as a used Toyota HAHAHAHA! Not for me.
So, the lovely train pocket watch will be mine, supposedly, on December 25. Maybe the little hunter too, it is a totally pretty thing.

8 comments:

Aleta said...

Sweet! There's something about watches, each has it's own character. I love vintage stuff like that.

Unknown said...

Ohh, lovely! I have a totally sweet little ladies pocket watch that once belonged to one of my Dad's 6 sisters. There were 12 brothers and sisters, an even half dozen each of boys and girls! Don't you imagine that household was a madhouse? My watch isn't solid gold, either, but has her name, Isabel, engraved inside and is one of my treasures! Hang onto that tight! It's a treasure.

Susan as Herself said...

I have said it before: I have a "thing" for watches. I think that is a fabulous gift!!!!

Jessica said...

That is awesome. :) So neat.

Anonymous said...

Good choice, Gary. ;)

Hilary said...

I'm in catch-up mode here and just reading over your last several posts. What an interesting collection. I love old watches. Very cool.

Anonymous said...

So maybe on Dec. 25th it'll be yours? Sounds like Santa's Elves have their work cut out for them. (They've diversified. They don't just make toys anymore.)
EH

Anonymous said...

So Gary will have a train under his tree! ;)

I love hearing about --and seeing!-- those watches. There is just something tantalizing about them: beauty and function and history all wrapped up together.


PS: Your header today cracks me up! We like our Napoleon Dynamite here. It's one of the few movies we own that isn't Star Wars or a Disney Classic.