Sunday, November 2, 2008

home again home again jiggity jig!


SO we went to the Edith Wharton House, called The Mount, in Massachusetts today, didn't have time for Woodstock, then saw my mom and dad. I had a ton of burritos today. More on all this tomorrow! Over 450 miles driven today, got up at 4......AM

In other news, my buddy Farmer's Wife writes to tell me about hamsters in dreams, Thank GOD:
I finally pulled out my Dream Bible and here is what is says about hamsters in dreams:
Hamsters are lively and clean, and most are happy to live alone. They can take time to become tame, and, because they are nocturnal, they need to have peace and quiet during the day. If a hamster appears in your dream is it running endlessly on it's wheel in frustration? If this is the case, do you feel as if your life or a particular relationship is going nowhere? If, however, the hamster seems content, the dream could depict aspects of your life that give you small comforts. As hamsters tend to enjoy solitude, could your dreaming mind be urging you to rely more on your own resources.


OK, my hamster? No name or gender, just visits, passes through, although one day it was reading and trying to keep it secret, and last month I had that terrible dream I had forgotten to feed and care for it and it was sickly...(it got better)
ANYWAY, as you can see here, SOLITUDE AND DREAMING MIND are the keys. Thanks Farmer's Wife!

8 comments:

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

Your welcome! I think, maybe? You were a sweet, calm, and well educated hamster in a prior life....

If you believe in that -- it's fitting. Or, he/she is your ego poppin' in to say you are doing "Just A-OK!"

I so wish I had a dream hamster for a pet. :-)

Welcome Home and Happy November!

Jessica said...

LOL! Fun day? I'm interested in why you ate so many burritos. :D

cm said...

Oh man, what I wouldn't give for a burrito right about now. Not sure I'd get up at 4 am, though. ::shudder::

Giggles said...

Omg I must be a hamster...because I need all those things!! Great read.... life must have been chaotic for a bit....maybe that's why your hamster was sick.

Hugs Giggles

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to hear more about your trip to Edith Wharton's country estate. I know it was in danger of being sold off to private investors, but if you got to see it, I guess they were able to raise enough money to keep it going as a museum.
EH

Anonymous said...

What a road trip!
We've been hanging out at home and consuming bowlfuls of taco soup.

Anonymous said...

I should have mentioned before, I see that hamster is nibbling on your lucky 4-leaf clover!

Di Mackey said...

But I'm from New Zealand, I've never seen a real live hamster ... how do I dream about one? I feel like I come from the wrong side of the dream-tracks ... sigh