Tuesday, May 26, 2009

so the phone rings and...






...D. calls yesterday needing a fish mug for his dad's birthday but I am tied up, can he meet us for happy hour at the Chapter House TODAY???? D. is a prominent local politician, he really is, we helped him get elected TWICE, so we'll keep his name at D., and so we meet up and have the free popcorn and make some wild faces and on our way out I almost skewer CARL with my umbrella and although tempting to go back in for more popcorn and beer instead we plan our next visit to happy hour....

12 comments:

Dez said...

That sounds like fun! We have a quaint little BBQ place that serves peanuts (in shells); and while drinking your beer, you shell these pecans and drop them on the floor! You should make a visit! :)

Dez said...

OOPS, meant PEANUTS - NOT PECANS!

kate et Jim said...

Glad to see you're getting out more, Gary!

Hanging with the local P's.

Anonymous said...

Any excuse to go there!

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

HAA-Ha! I was going to correct Sweet Dez with, "It's not pecans, it's peanuts!" *giggle* Who could shell a pecan with bare hands; oh, wait. Bear hands could do it!

Just a *giggle* with Sweet D! I'm thinkin....

That wad'nt 'near-beer' was-it?

Y'all are SUCH the riot!!!

You make me *snicker-doodle!*

Two more day's, GR, just two more days.... then, I get back so much of...ME!

*snore* Just kiddin!

Knight said...

awww I want to come to happy hour!

Unknown said...

Yer friend D looks like the kind of politician that me and the hubby would vote for, and then ask to come hang out at the fire pit with an adult beverage. :)

Janet said...

He reminds me a bit of Boromir!

Tink said...

You guys look like so much fun.

Anonymous said...

happy hour at my favorite tavern, with a politician... unbelievable

Unknown said...

It looks like a fun time for sure : ).

BSOB said...

Chapter House Rocks! Best bar ever! you should've gotten a picture of all those beautiful taps lined up. mmmm, beer