Thursday, May 7, 2009

elephant tea party


(elephant tea party wall piece by Gary Rith)
As you know, I like to make wall pieces from time to time, and I need 3 good ones for an exhibit next month. This was a new idea for me, and elephants make good subjects because they have that extra thing, the trunk, to pour and drink tea with. :)
So Ben and Christi and me are all thinking about this wee little road trip maybe next week, but my brakes sound SCRAPEY so its sorta like bring the car over to the mechanic today and calculate how many mugs that translates into after he empties my wallet....

6 comments:

Tricia said...

Gary, That plaque is wonderful. I want that plaque for Aaron's bathroom!!!

denis said...

good luck with the car. hopefully, it's not too expensive. great time of the year for a road trip.

i like the jesus headline.

Christi said...

nice 'stache! And glad that the warped edges on the bowls look completely intentional...

Good luck with the brakes, think the mechanic would accept some mugs in trade and just skip the wallet step?

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

Oh, know. The scrapie thing. Well, remember you've got one already on presale - that'll maybe buy a wrench? :-)

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

The elephant tea party is adorable.
I hope your mechanic finds the problem quickly and easily -- at least that will cut down on some of the charges!
Best thing about my KIA is the bumper to bumper warranty.

Don't forget we plan on coming up to see you in August!

Linda Starr said...

If I had a child I'd have your elephant plaque on the wall next to his bed, it so wonderful.