Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Cookie Monster voice

About ten years ago I was listening to an interview with a heavy metal singer on the radio. He was talking about how everybody was starting to growl their vocals, THE COOKIE MONSTER VOICE. Lamb of God here has the numero uno Cookie Monster voice thing going on.
Here is music that absolutely NOBODY reading my blog will like. I don't like their peers Mastodon very much, but I like these guys, who somebody once described as 'a punk band playing heavy metal'.
Doesn't exactly sound like James Taylor.

5 comments:

Hilary said...

You're right about my not liking it at all, but I still listen to it fairly often...

My younger son loves those death metal growls - thank goodness not exclusively. His tastes cover a very wide range of genres (folk metal to classical), most of which I also love, but with death metal being right up there. When a growly song comes on, I hand him the earphones (our computers/music are in the same room).

I'll have to tease him about it being Cookie Monsterish. ;)

-Rob, Simple Circle Studios said...

In the words of a crappy local car commercial, call me Mr. Nobody. I freakin' love Lamb of god! This album gets a pretty frequent rotation in the player. You can't beat that guitar work, and the vocals are pretty rockin' too. Great way to start the morning!

Gary's third pottery blog said...

\m/

Hilary said...

I just showed my son this post and he said that he's met the lead singer of Lamb of God when they were touring with Megadeth. His good friend's two uncles (the Drovers) are/were with Megadeth, hence the backstage visit. He thought your post was cool. :)

Gary's third pottery blog said...

\m/ \m/