Tuesday, May 12, 2009

weekly picture challenge: purple and arch







(clock tower and Willard Straight Hall, Cornell University looking TRES Ivy League, plus my purple house, purple bird houses that match, beagle and flowers)
Tink hosts the weekly word picture challenge today, themes: purple and arch. I have enjoyed this challenge this week, living in a purple house when there are purple flowers all over and teaching on a campus covered in arches. Cornell has a million pretty arches, but this little arch at the base of the clock tower is the entrance and I walk by it all the time to get into the ceramic studio at Willard Straight Hall--Cornell's mascot is a bear and there are two cute bears carved above this arch.
And yes, although the colors are bad in my photo, we live in a purple house....

14 comments:

Jay said...

Purple house, purple flowers, purple bird houses. You need a purple car too!

Lynda said...

What a grape, grape set of photos!

g-man said...

LOL @ Lynda!!

I figured that you would have this purple category sewed up, well done!! I really like all the photos.

Linda Starr said...

I just love lilacs and purple is one of my favorite colors - what no purple pots? And yea for Jimi Hendrix!

Linda Starr said...

I was just thinking of tha song with the line, One eyed, one armed purple people eater.

Aleta said...

"we live in a purple house" ~ sounds like the beginning of a poem somewhere. Hehe.

Love the pictures!

Reb said...

Great shots Gary! I love the arches.

Karen said...

I could've used some of your over abundance of purple today. I couldn't come up with anything.
And regardless of the picture colors, I love your purple house. I think living there would just make one happy.
Great pictures!

Anonymous said...

Yay, you played! Somehow, I knew you would this week... :)

Anonymous said...

Your house looks blue against those lilacs.

Tink said...

It's like a purple oasis! If I lived next to you, I'd be tempted to make my theme blue. Then we'd work on the neighbors to continue the rainbow. ;)

kate et Jim said...

Any bluebirds in those houses, Gary???

Gramps said...

Purple always goes great with deep, rich greens. Well done.

Just Me said...

nice pictures. I really like the one with purple flowers and house in background. Nice share. :)