Friday, May 29, 2009

five favorites for Friday plus tunes o' the day all in one tidy little package!!!!







(Pottery by Gary Rith and seal by Lynda)
So my buddy Lynda is like (as you see) how about a seal??? And I am like I have made a walrus, let's try a seal, on an especially elaborate decorated sugar bowl, and if I may say, it looks stunning.........not fired yet.
Lynda has the 5 Friday favorites going on, SEA CREATURES this week so my 5 are:
1. well SEALS! Why not? Me and the missus went at dawn to Salisbury Beach State park on the Mass-New Hampshire line January 1, 2000 to watch the sun rise over the Atlantic and it was unusually sunny warm and mild, and there were all these seals playing on the rocks!!!!
2. everybody loves dolphins
3. and killer whales
4. and polar bears
5. but I especially love penguins, like in March of the Penguins, all those little penguin families!!!!

OK, in other news, Brodie asks for a return to consistant tunes o' the day and I can try to make Brodie happy.
I don't have a TV and generally assume I would hate American Idol. I ignored the whole thing.
But on the radio yesterday they were talking about and loving Adam Lambert, calling him a 'gay Elvis, just what America needs right now' and they played circle of fire and it is a rather stunning song (click here live video).

12 comments:

Reverend Awesome said...

I heart penguins! They seem to always be having a good time. All the sudden deciding on a swim, flapping their little wings around.
I hope how they just sort of pop out of the water.
Sometimes when it's slow at work I'll go to zoo web cams and just watch penguins be penguins.

Nancy L.K. Boyce said...

Gary- I love that little penguin in the bottom of the cup! He is SO CUTE!

Kimberly said...

I love too the little lonely penguin at the bottom of the mug. He looks like he's in an ice-crevice.

J said...

I do love penquins, but otters are my favorite. Those little dudes KNOW how to have a good time.

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

I think you just made Cheri swoon!

Linda Starr said...

I can't believe you don't have a TV, not that I watch it. Beautiful penquin cups.

Lynda said...

I love that seal! Love that sugar bowl...you know what I'm thinking!

Anonymous said...

so that's monsieur lambert... i was wondering what all the hoopla was about, he doesn't sound french

brodie said...

wicked awsome. love tunes o' the day. I do have a TV up here in Ontario but do now watch AI however I did watch the finale at the insistance of my sister. I must say that the kid who sang with KISS and was hand picked by Brian May to sing the Freddie Mercury parts should automatically be declared the winner. incredible range and control to that young voice!

Thanks for tunes dude, don't be burdened by my selfish request! cheers. Ontario Brodie

Aleta said...

C.U.T.E.

Unknown said...

Your work is amazing. I love it. Fantastic!

Barbara said...

That penguin reclining casually on the edge of the cup - perfect!

and thanks for the morning Adam Lambert - I watched all season just to hear him.