Sunday, May 3, 2009

Today my beloved Chocolate Cupcake with nuts said to me...


(cow mugs in the works by Gary Rith)
Today my beloved chocolate cupcake with nuts said to me: "thanks for being an artist that's not hard to be married to..."
There is a compliment in there, somewhere....
As for the the cow cups, my pal Farmer's Wife was asking about a huge cow mug and I go thinking and made these. The front one? BIG. The one behind it? Impossibly big, bigger than a bucket! Just wait until it is glazed black and white, and YES, she has a wee little bag under there (Missus Chocolate cake asked why the bag wasn't between the back legs and it is like GOOD LORD does it have to be exact????)

REMEMBER: Joke a thon and a prize down 2 posts! Submit your joke, be entered in a prize drawing!

9 comments:

Gordo said...

That much coffee in the morning would wake up anyone! Very cool.

Anonymous said...

moooo... ve over pigs and hippos, here comes the bovine

Lynda said...

Fantastic! I think the missus is WAY cool!

Di Mackey said...

It's truly delicious to come over here with posts to catch up on and sit here reading a while. Lovely blogging, stunning potting ... thanks for making me smile.

Linda Starr said...

That is a compliment, my beloved cupcake doesn't say that to me, he says all you can think of is clay.

Unknown said...

I love the pottery on your site, it makes me want to take one of your Cornell classes. I especially like the cow mugs. You seem to know a lot about the Ithaca art/pottery scene. Currently Ithaca is developing a community wiki Currently the sections on Ithaca's art scene are very underdeveloped to say the least. Maybe you would be able to share some of your opinions and knowledge at ithaca.wikispot.org. You can even add a link to your blog on the blog page. If you have ever lived in a town with a well developed wiki, you probably know just how useful a resource it is (it often literally replaces google for anything town related). Ithaca is the perfect size and has the perfect culture for a very useful wiki to develop. Thanks for your time, and sharing such amazing pottery with us.

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

Is that an H1N1 mug on your banner?!

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

Sweet Pete, Gary! I checked my email immediately upon starting the coffee pot this morning and I didn't see an update with these. I figured you were busy....

Popped by the house at lunch'ish and I see they were hidden under the title!

Adorable!!! :-) This will go fab with my Rith collection and also, I'll have a new "super-sized" mug which will hold a 4 cup carafe all at once!

:-DDD I'm Moooooooouy Happy!

Fortune Cookies said...

that is quite the compliment, I must say! I can't tell you how many times I hear from the Wifester "I just have to remind myself that you're an artist and it comes with the territory..." usually said with a sigh of resignation