Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Le Felix Le Cat


(that is soooooo totally cool)
My buddy from childhood...yes, another one (going back to when I was 12? 13?) Sarah grew up with me in rural western New York. She lived right on the Erie Canal, actually, and of course LEFT as soon as possible, and is now an Angelino, and LOOKIT this picture she took for me---she tells me this Chevy dealer's Felix the Cat sign is now a county landmark and nobody could mess with it. That sucker would look great in my back yard.
Here is a rather awesome Felix cartoon, I think from the 1920s, and you notice here that Felix has 2 dogs....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

cool sign... maybe they'll bequeath it to you someday

Lynda said...

That might just be the cutest cartoon I have ever seen!

Glennis said...

Oh, yes, I have a photo of this sign, too. The shop is located down in West Adams, near USC.