Friday, May 8, 2009

still life with hot sauce: Friday Five Fried Favorites


(elephant bowl by Gary Rith)
Even a vegan like me likes fried food.
Today is Friday of course, and also the day when Lynda asks your five favorite____.
So yesterday Lynda mentioned, as you might imagine since she is a BIG DEAL EXECUTIVE (the BIG BOSS LADY) that her brain was fried. I suggested that would make a tasty topic.
1. It just so happened that I had these vegetarian 'Buffalo wings' in the freezer and they are tasty
2. c'mon, everybody loves French fries, and at the right restaurant they are cooked in veg oil
3. then of course, you have your onion rings and
4. wee little fired mushrooms, oh joy!
5. best of all? Japanese veggie tempura--batter fried vegetables with green wasabi sauce--now that is heaven.

7 comments:

kate et Jim said...

Mmmmm - and to think I'm about to have eggs and toast, when I could be having all this!

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

Yes, I'd like hot sauce with a side of hot sauce? Preferable in an oval mug? :-)

Anonymous said...

tempura... mmmmm. why did you become a vegan, if you don't mind me asking?

A said...

Only wish I could taste them Gary:
all these brands are obviously US-only,
but I'm sure I could find something fairly similar in Belgium (if only I knew where to look ;-)

Kimberly said...

Ummmm that looks so good.

Lynda said...

Sounds like a completely delicious list!

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

Gary? I just started Weight Watchers and you are ruining my diet already!!

Now pardon me while I wipe the drool off my keyboard.