Saturday, May 30, 2009

dino-monstrous!



(cups by Gary Rith)
So Sean sez, quite brilliantly, "hey, could ya make a dinosaur cup for little kids? There would be little bumps like on a stegosaurus on the handle, and a dinosaur head?". And really, I had to give it a go, and so I threw a pair of cups and dried them in the sun and finished them all quite quickly and they look great, and will be green with blue spots when glazed, and I have a slightly different idea for a dinosaur cup to try tomorrow...
Hope your weekend is a good one!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

You leave me gasping with your wittiness, Gary. Who, but you would turn an elephant's trunk into a teapot spout? You are SUCH a clever rascal -- always a witty, clever twist. And then again, I keep thinking back to the real beauty of that scalloped cup and saucer. Just flat beautiful.

Unknown said...

I love your creative mind! Love it to the max!

Barbara said...

Friendly but definitely dino-ish faces. For kids? Who wouldn't want to drink out of these.

Lynda said...

I agree with Barbara... adults might need dinomugs, too!

cm said...

Di-no-mite!

Reverend Awesome said...

I love the Dino mugs!
I have an irrational fear of dinosaurs. Even their bones frighten me.
These dinos fill me with terror though. They are clearly too happy to want to eat me.

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

Definitely brilliant!
If my kids were younger, I would have to buy these... but SnakeMaster is very happy with his snake mugs. :)