Tuesday, May 19, 2009

wwc: metal........


Tink's weekly picture challenge is metal and K, and I don't want to admit that I have done my homework at the last minute because I completed it so brilliantly, but I have done my homework brilliantly at the last minute.
SO, I grab the Zep tee and the beagle and the missus grabs the camera, and we have heavy METAL. Famously, of course, a Rolling Stone review of Led Zeppelin around 1970 said it first in describing their music: "heavy metal thunder" (Steppenwolf had used the term in their song 'Born to be wild' the previous year, but that was talking about motorcycles, not music) I know all kinds of things, don't I? Like:
-my wife woke up this morning and tells me to look because she really DID get bird poop in her hair yesterday and she is upset about it and she wonders if she should wash her hair and its like "DUH!" and I am like "You're not getting any sympathy from me, that's NASTY!", which, when you think about it, isn't a very nice thing to say, and maybe I'll be sleeping down on the couch tonight with our old dog Buster....

Here is a rather raucous rendition of 'Immigrant's Song'

15 comments:

brodie said...

awesome! I wanted to go to that show but my folks wouldn't let me 'cuz i was only 4 ;)

Anonymous said...

hilarious... your rocker symbol and penny's bored and yawning, sometime beagles just don't get rock and roll

Gary's third pottery blog said...

everybody is probably wondering if I am wearing pants there behind the counter or maybe I am having a little Free Willy time...

Jay said...

Rock on dude! \m/

Anonymous said...

If I even thought I had bird poop in my hair, I'd wash it. Twice!!

If you were doing HEAVY metal, I would have grabbed Spike. Penny looks petite!

Jessica said...

Rock on, man! \m/

LOL at brodie!

Reb said...

Penny is singing along right?

Susan as Herself said...

You know, it is considered EXCELLENT LUCK in many cultures to get pooped on by a bird. It's generally seen as a sign that something good will happen to the person, or that they are blessed/very lucky in some way. So, good for the Missus!!!

Barbara said...

So that's where heavy metal got its name. You do know a lot - about some things . . . hope Buster doesn't kick in his sleep.

Kimberly said...

I love led zep. I saw them in Montreal a very very long time ago.

Anonymous said...

Someday, you will learn that you always answer "No honey, you look wonderful!" Bird poop or not!

a m dohan said...

just wanted you to know that tho' I rarely comment, I do check in nearly every day...

Tink said...

Ha! That picture is awesome, all the way down to the dog yawn. Great job.

Anonymous said...

Gary, nobody was wondering about your pants. LOL

The pic is excellent. Penny's yawn perfects it.

Janet said...

perfect shot for the words!!!