Monday, August 3, 2009

there is NOTHING more fun than shopping for women's shoes....










(me, the missus, our feet, Grego and Gordo)
So, with Greg and Gord from Canada meeting us in Syracuse for supper at Strong Hearts, we wanted to multi-task first. (Strong Hearts, btw, is a new vegan cafe that is absolutely awesome---no animal anything on the menu, and all these young hipsters with tats and piecings hanging around....)
The missus has been trying to find the perfect pair of sandals all summer. But now tis August and:
a) not much warm weather left here in Canada's backyard
b) SALE TIME!

The missus did a ton of reseach, all summer long. Sunday I was like
"look, you walk into Lord and Taylor, they have hundreds of pairs of sandals displayed and on super-duper sale, you'll be happy".
And so me, who hatesHATES shopping for anything, esp. women's clothing and shoes, sat there like a very good boy for two hours. I really was good, and quiet, helpful even, and then she decided she was happy, twice, and off we went to meet my buddies Grego and Gordo, passing through on their way back to Ontario.
So Gord last month is like "if we're meeting, can I have some stuff shipped to you and you'll deliver it to me?" which sounds like the opening sequence in a movie involving Turkish Prisons or Homeland Security.
So what arrives????? Much to my surprise, something from, and I swear I am not kidding, the 'cannon fuse company'. Gord emails me "oh yeah, that's illegal in Ontario, so I had it shipped to you and then I'll bring it home"
and I am wondering what exactly the 'cannon fuse' company sent me. And then there was the huge box that probably held a body, and finally, the arrows. I swear I am not making this up, and if Homeland Security is reading this, believe me, that stuff is long gone now....

So then, of course, home again and grabbed the penguin and shook up a couple of vodka martinis......

16 comments:

cookingwithgas said...

you are a prince among men for shopping with the misses!
I would watch my back with that guy- or maybe the deer should.....

denis said...

you're making the rest of the husbands look bad...again!

i think cookingwithgas might be correct: watch your back with this guy. he is canadian after all.

Anonymous said...

2 hours! Nick's current max is 15 minutes and then he finds the nearest pub.

Anonymous said...

You are hilarous! Love the black mugs and I am NOT a skull kidda gal but the all black is striking!

Anonymous said...

you're a better man than i... shopping for women's shoes... GAG ME WITH A SPOON. is that a pic of Gord above?

Hilary said...

Love the shopping sequence.. angles and the "two hour" comment.. admit it.. it was more like 10 minutes, right? ;)

And you just can't trust them Canadians, eh?

Busy Bee Suz said...

2 hours of shoe shopping? yes, you get a prize for that. I bet she was happy camper...love those sandals!! So cute.

Gary's third pottery blog said...

As we were leaving, we passed a pub 100 feet from the stoe whose happy hour was just over (plus we had to greet our Canadian pals) and I am like
"shoot, I coulda been drinking cheap beers and watching baseball all this time!!!!!!!!!!!"

kate et jim said...

Wow! HI guys! So good to see you two! Greg you look fabulous and Gord - love the face! lol

I'd have to slit my throat if I sat for two hours shoe shopping! I hate shoe shopping. I hate shopping, period. I know - not very 'girly' of me, is it?? lol

Susan as Herself said...

Cute sandals, even thought I can't stand that thong thing between my toes...

Oh, and the story about what Gord shipped you? HILARIOUS.

red dirt girl said...

ooooooooooo!!!!!!
I LOVE LOVE LOVE SHOES !!!!!
i even bought a pair whilst vacating .... sigh .....

xxx
rdg

Mrs. Potsblog said...

Dear Hilary,
THANK YOU! It was NOT two hours. He just took a lot of pictures. Sheesh. AND he looked at the guy's shoes and we sent into every sports memorabilia store after that.

Hilary said...

;) That's always the way, Maude. :)

Anonymous said...

Maude makes those shoes look terrific!

We're back from the extended family vacation and looking forward to our trip north in 11 more days!

SuperDad is coming with us to NY and he promises to be happy because I assured him you like beer! lol
Gotta keep the introvert happy. ;)

Gordo said...

Jeez, Gary! It's not illegal. Just hard to find and can't be purchased without an expensive license. Sheesh. (Waving to the Feds coming down the hall)

Suz in Kingston said...

Gary! I LOVE the elephant pie vents! You totally rock!