Friday, August 28, 2009

"I want to wrap you in leather..."
























I am glazing pots and the wife walks the beagle early and checks in with me:
"Stephanie and John are having a garage sale today. 9-2"
"Oh?" sez I, (hating shopping of course)
and she is like "I need hooks for the kitchen" which she might as well have said in FRENCH because I have no idea what she means.

Stephanie and John being friends of ours in the yellow house across the river, who own Penny the beagle's SWORN ENEMY: Ava the greyhound.

So I finish glazing the pots and set out at 9:10 with Buster our big lab. And we go by the yellow house, no sign of Ava, but Stephanie and her mom and the little baby are out front.
I take a dutiful look around. A dollar for this, a dollar for that....and see the 3 leather jackets hanging there.
John isn't around, but he is one of these handsome BAD AZZ type dudes. With 7 motorcycles and 7 tatoos. The baby snugli he wears has skulls on it. John is cool. AND SO ARE HIS FORMER JACKETS. I never knew how badly I needed a motorcycle jacket until this morning. And the fit on one is PERFECT. PERFECTO. It is a new jacket too.

I wander off, but its eating me up, and I walk by later with Penny, who barks bloody murder because Ava the greyhound is in the driveway. We move on.
I call the wife "John is selling a kick azz biker jacket. Brand new. Fits GREAT" and she is like
"early Christmas present???? Should we get some azzless chaps to match????" because my wife is fun that way.......

I email my buddy Kasey
"Kasey, what SHOULD I DO????" and she is like
"Bargain for it, but you have GOT TO GET THAT JACKET. And get some pictures for us"

I can't take it anymore. Its eating me up. The jacket isn't a dollar, but I scrape together my pennies and walk Penny over there.

Stephanie is like
"wow, back again!" and her mom is like
"third time. Let me hold your dog"
and I try it on again and Stephanie is like
"mom, take Gary in to use the big mirror" and we go in and the fit is !!!!! Although it is a warm jacket and I am roasting.
I say "I'll think about it and maybe see you Saturday. No wait. I am gonna walk the dog and come back in 15 minutes"
And so me and the beagle walk and I am dying for the jacket.
We return and I try it on again.
Stephanie's mom is like
"That jacket is perfect with your hair. You have GREAT HAIR. Let me hold your dog for you"

I don't know, but could guess Stephanie's mom was once a used car salesman, but I am thoroughly charmed by this cute elderly woman giving me little flirtatious comments.

So I count out the singles, and the pennies and the pocket lint grab the jacket and wander home and grab the camera. Sort of like the Macy's spread in the newspaper on Sunday, don't you think?????

SO, as Steve Tyler of Aerosmith once sang
"Pink is my favorite color.
Pink, I wanna wrap you in leather....."

21 comments:

Reverend Awesome said...

It looks great!! It very much suits you.
Also, I love garage sales.

Lynda said...

Gary...this is my FAVORITE post of yours - EVER!! And the jacket is fantasique. So, did the Missus get her hooks?

Gary's third pottery blog said...

hooks????

cindy shake said...

OK, John sounds totally HOT! oh, and the jacket looks way cool on you and fits you perfectly!

soubriquet said...

Born to be Wild!

Get your motor runnin'
Head out on the highway
Lookin' for adventure
And whatever comes our way
Yeah Darlin' go make it happen
Take the world in a love embrace
Fire all of your guns at once
And explode into space

I like smoke and lightning
Heavy metal thunder
Racin' with the wind
And the feelin' that I'm under
Yeah Darlin' go make it happen
Take the world in a love embrace
Fire all of your guns at once
And explode into space

Like a true nature's child
We were born, born to be wild
We can climb so high
I never wanna die

Born to be wild
Born to be wild

................Now go get that lawnmower fired up!

denis said...

dude, i'm SO jealous. you look cool.

now, about those azzless chaps...

Anonymous said...

Great jacket! Watch out: The Licorice Black is rubbing off on ya! :-) But what the hell ARE kitchen hooks???

Jen Mecca said...

Couldn't you have just traded a few pots for that jacket? Surely Christmas is coming for those folks!

Busy Bee Suz said...

That is so you.
I can't believe you don't know what hooks in the kitchen would be for??? :)

Unknown said...

You are so cool. That jacket is awesome... now, and I'm not joking, you should buy a bike. Not some big stupid Harley Davidson monstrosity, but an old Kawasaki 750. Then you can bungee a milk crate on the back for the Pennster to ride in. You would fit right into my neck of the woods, which, I might add, is not the redneck neck of the woods. :)

cookingwithgas said...

Hot stuff!

Jeannette StG said...

Every artists need a leather jacket at some point! I have one too, without the skulls (I might be attacked here in L.A....)

Christi said...

hahahahaaaaaa...that's the funniest thing I've read in ages!

Gallow said...

You get all the great stuff. First the flamingo's now the leather jacket. What's next?

Gary's third pottery blog said...

the flamingos were free!

Unknown said...

LOL! Love it!

aliceinblogland said...

now you are totally MOD squad.

Anonymous said...

looks good amigo and you just happened to have that 5 o'clock shadow on the same day... or is it an 8 o'clock shadow?

Wep said...

OMG Pink is my favorite crayon.

Unknown said...

But, alas! When you're wearing that way cool jacket, nobody can get a look at those even cooler tats! We should all have such problems, huh?\\And when you get your bike don't forget a side car for Maude and Penny can ride with her. I can't quite picture it all but it shUuLD be entertaining.

Unknown said...

I love your jacket : ) You look HOT! : ) Like a rock star!