Tuesday, August 11, 2009

KEEP THE LADY HAPPY



















I am married to a beautiful and sweet woman. I DO NOT take it for granted. I worship the ground under her feet. I love her dearly and never tire of asking what I can do for her.
If we are talking baked goods, she prefers my home baked triple chocolate cookies. If we are talking dinners, she has 2 favoites of mine: the pizza that I make (she had that the last 3 nights) and my potato burritos. That was tonight. And with some leftover for her lunch tomorrow.
Lately, in addition, she has been digging Cape Codders. Who wouldn't? Lime, cranberry and vodka???? So cold and tasty when it is so hot and humid.
I was looking for matini glasses. Wegmans had them 8 bucks each. The kitchen store? 20 bucks each. I went to Salvation Army: 4 wild, not exactly matching, martini glasses for two fifty TOTAL........

8 comments:

Stacey B said...

The thrift store is the best option ever :o) Although I must admit I am jealous of the grocery store Wegmans that I am always reading about!!

cookingwithgas said...

thrifty and tasty!

Unknown said...

Amen, brother. Your wife is a lucky lady. :)

Anonymous said...

Time for another GRecipe? Potato burritos sounds muy tasty!

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

She is definitely a lucky woman.
And thrift stores ROCK!

Mmmmm...Cape Codders sound delish right now...

Prohomemaker.Com said...

Kudos on the thrift store find -- and Cape Cods!

Unknown said...

I think your wife is a lucky lady and you a lucky man ;o) And those potato burritos look delicious, recipe??

Emily SIL said...

You're making me hungry AND thirsty.