Monday, August 31, 2009

the varmint who ate my garden....
























There is this fat woodchuck and his chubby family that live in our yard and pretty much eat everything the deer, chipmunks, racoons and bunnies havn't eaten. The wife now agrees with me, vis a vis gardening. Why bother? I think woodchucks are super cute, and now that the bird feeder has a barrier and the chipmunk can't eat all the seed, I think he is cute too. And his numerous cousins.
Spike here watches them out the window and wishes he could go out and kick some rodent azz.....
BTW, I am in and out a lot today, so I figure I post 3 times early and that's it till later.
OK, the mirror? Trevor across the street is related to the people who own Simeon's restaurant and bar, which some people say is the best in town now, and Trevor, although a full time fireman, is also a carpenter and has been remodeling the restaurant. This mirror came out of the john, and was a bit dusty and still had the big EMPLOYEES MUST WASH HANDS sticker on it, but I was cutting the grass and Trevor set it out with a FREE sign on the curb, and I nabbed it. Cleaned it and attached it to the closet door, but first, look who had to admire himself......

9 comments:

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

Dear Spike,
Chipmunks are not all they are cracked up to be. I am allowed outside and when I occasionally bother to catch one, my tummy finds them quite disagreeable.
You, on the other hand, are pleasing to the eye.
Your friend,
Cleopatra

Hilary said...

Awww that woodchuck is cute! Hard to decide who's cuter.. him or Spike. Good thing I don't have to. ;)

Busy Bee Suz said...

Always looking for a bargain? Love that.
The garden? that is is lose/lose. let em' have it. ;0

Lynda said...

It's a treat to come here everyday... Spike, woodchucks, free mirrors... light boxes... the list is endless.

Reverend Awesome said...

Those are awesome pictures! The woodchuck is adorable. We have one that comes out behind our work sometimes. We call him a beavehog.

Unknown said...

Is a woodchuck the same as a gopher?!
We had gophers on the acreage in Alberta, they look a bit like your woodchuck, they are crafty little devils too! They ate the only veggies we ever tried growing!

Gordo said...

I won't tell you what my Dad used to do to woodchuck/groundhogs that got into his garden when I was a kid. :-(

Cool mirror and even cooler picture! I would have left the sticker on, though for extra character.

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

Kcinnova's cat, cracks me up!

You have so much fun, daily, don't you? That's a good thing.

~ Sil in Corea said...

When my kids were little, there was a woodchuck that lived under the stone wall behind our house. The kids named him Cookie Monster and used to put cookies on the wall for him. He would sit up and hold them in his 'hands' to nibble. [we had a black-and-white TV, so the kids thought CM was gray, LOL]