Sunday, August 30, 2009

EMILY at her toilette



People will read this, well, non-cat people will read this, and be like
"I don't care if he DOES make triple chocolate cookies, no way am I ever eating at Gary's house"
We have an extra chair at the table. So that one or both of the cats can join us. Its a bit of a compromise, really, as cats will jump ONTO the table at dinner time (that is SO FORKING GROSS) so our idea is give them a chair and keep them off the table.
So, you know, this morning we sit down to the 5 grain porridge (I gave up on the oatmeal--I just don't like plain oatmeal, even with blueberies----porridge has all kinds of fun and chewy things in there, plus oatmeal)
so we sit down, and there's lots of blueberries in the porridge, and Emily the chubby 15 year old kitten joins us in her chair and starts the personal grooming, including a good wash of belly and bottom.......

5 comments:

Hilary said...

Doesn't everyone's cats join them at the table? ;)

cm said...

I'm learning to enjoy plain oatmeal with berries. So far raspberries are the best. Apparently cocoa's good in it, too, but I'm going to wait until winter to try that.

Unknown said...

Highly recommended on oatmeal -- lots of BROWN sugar. Absolutely woonderful, different taste, and, best of all, better for you! And I used to hate cream of wheat when small, until my mother was inspired to add a teeny bit of vanilla! Aha! cereal turned pudding!

Busy Bee Suz said...

Yup, cats don't care what they do in front of whoever!!!

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

5 grain porridge sounds delicious!

I'm bummed that I didn't get to meet your cats a couple weeks ago. :*(