Friday, August 14, 2009

"what's happening to you Gary???"

My pal Kate asked yesterday "what's happening to you Gary?" and its like, well, nothing actually. Other than I am being WARPED BY FAME AND FORTUNE! Like Joe Walsh said, "Life's been good to me so far" and then he trashes the hotel room.
The wife saw these pics I took of myself yesterday just now and she is like
"you're an extrovert when you blog". And so Kate, maybe there is part of your answer, plus with 3 years of blogging, I don't edit myself as much anymore. Like anybody else, I have different sides, and let's keep in mind that I admit to a wicked sense of humor, therefore: taking me seriously is optional.

(note about this vase below--sometimes I throw a couple of big sections then later join them together into one big piece---in this case, I wanted a long spirally neck and a wavy groovy base :)





(vase in 2 sections and then finished as one large piece)

12 comments:

Unknown said...

That is a lovely ginormous pot. Whatcha gonna do with it? :)

I made a groovy wavey bowl, in honor of my New York connection, when I was in Tuscarora. My friend Vicie loved it, so I FedExed it to her yesterday. :)

denis said...

i like all the garys but the unedited one is my favorite. you're like an expensive wine - you keep getting better with age.

Gary's third pottery blog said...

AND I still have my hair.....

Anonymous said...

cool vase amigo... you know me, the more complicated the better. there's a lot goin' on on that vase

Gallow said...

Wow, is the kiln large enough to fire a pot that large?

cookingwithgas said...

I think you could add some braids and bows to your hair-
Go for it.

Gary's third pottery blog said...

The pot fits with an inch to spare on top!

Stacey B said...

I like Gary the blogger. I don't know Gary the real person that walks around his neighborhood, but he seems like a nice guy too!

I'll be posting some pictures of my tattoos on the blog soon..hopefully Sunday.

Busy Bee Suz said...

You always make me smile. Too funny.

kate et jim said...

;)

Susan as Herself said...

Very cool pot!

Reverend Awesome said...

I am the same on and off blog. Whatever that is.
I have a big problem editing myself on and off blog. I think that those who are around me a lot have grown accustomed to it.

That pot is huge! The look on your face in the first pic makes me think you're saying to yourself, "I'm about to make a huge pot, beyotch!"