Monday, August 24, 2009

Corning Museum of Glass, again!


































So I say to the missus
"we hardly saw the showroom and store at the glass museum, after we had seen the exhibits"
"the place is huge" she agrees, so I propose
"why don't we go swimming at Kimbo's farm (see posts below), go to the brew pub, (see posts below) and simply visit the showroom?"
"it doesn't cost anything to go to the showroom" and I agree
"plus the bathrooms are very modern and clean and they have the BEST collection of modern glass, all on display".
Its true. Corning Museum of glass is so big, and the store so big, to see each properly you could do seperate trips. But the thing is, once you've seen the historic glass you don't need to look at it again fo a few years, the store and showroom is SO exciting to me because I LOVE modern glass and the display is changing all the time, the bright, the fun, the exciting, and they have so much to see.

7 comments:

Busy Bee Suz said...

What a great way to spend the day. I could look at all the art pieces there for hours and hours.

Hilary said...

Looks like a fun, colourful place. I like the whimsical kitties in the third photo.. they kind of remind me of your style of pottery critters.

KaiBlue said...

aloha Gary..
I love those Blue and green pieces with the circles..
and those kitties are MReoowww..

thanks for shairng , Kai n Md

Unknown said...

I'd love to go to that museum, love the brightly coloured animals.

Kimberly said...

There is alotta glass in that building. But I like your pottery more.

Reverend Awesome said...

These are awesome. This is the kind of place that could convince me to spend lots of money on some fancy glass and then it would come to my apartment and look like nothing special. No fancy lighting, getting dusty.

Anonymous said...

Oooh, beautiful glass AND clean bathrooms. I actually thought it would be a great side trip, but of course we didn't have time.
If you ever get out to Tacoma, WA, there is an awesome Museum of Glass there, with a Dale Chihuly bridge of glass.
http://www.museumofglass.org/visit/bridge-of-glass/