Tuesday, August 4, 2009

OH YES we spun the bottle in 1981


(me in high school) Stefan is there somewhere....)


You know, if you had told my 12 year old self I would still be hanging around with my pals from middle school I might have been surprised.
SO, my pal Sarah is around from LA and we go back to 6th grade and she was in NY to see Cold Play and Oasis and now on her way to Lollapalooza and tis a bit enlightening to be reminded of WHAT YOU WERE LIKE and WHAT YOU did in high school. Thank god I never have to go to high school again....
Sarah doesn't remember spin the bottle at one of her parties, where I ended up starting a torrid thing (didn't last long) with Christine, but then Sarah tells me that all those years her plot was this: pal around Gary to get closer to my pal Stefan who she favored....
You do wonder what happened to people like Stefan and Carl, who I suspect have both become right wing republican fascists, and Evan, who reports say still lets his freak flag fly....and then we already know about Mary Beth---she has mellowed out a lot, and her fantastic sister Wendy who lives nearby and is much the same, and hopefully I will soon hear back from Carrie (the first girl I LIKED in 6th grade...)who lives HERE but has not been feeling well....
anyway, I suspect that there will be some goofing off this week...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

It's so cool when you still keep in touch with old school pals.

Reverend Awesome said...

I'm still friends with my bestest friend in Jr. High too. He moved into town from PA, said the word "soda" and ate nature valley granola bars. We used to ride bikes around DC well past the age where it was cool to be riding bikes around. We went to people's doorstep asking if we could jump on their trampolines (and were often turned down). Then he got a trampoline and we hardly used it. So basically we were both total nerds and still are.
He was in the Navy for awhile, I went to New Orleans for some time. We can not see each other for years and when we get together it's just like old times. Two nerds that now like to drink.

Unknown said...

Amazing, isn't it? How two people who are truly simpatico can not see each other for years, and yet when they get back together it's exactly as though no passage of time had occurred and they pick right up where they left off. I've had a couple treasured friendships like that and they are very precious now in memory.

Anonymous said...

amigo... you were one handsome dude and on the football team no less, wow!