Thursday, October 16, 2008

We'll be together!


(Me and she)
SO, I am hanging around with D____ slurping coffee outside Gimmee coffee on a warm October day, wondering why all these tattooed slackers are hanging around the sidewalk during the work day when they should get a JOB dammit...(of course, I was taking a well-deserved break from work...D___ too).
OK, so we're sitting there and this dude in a truck with a pony tail who looks like he HAS a job walks past us and inside, gets a takeout, and presumably heads back to work. All the slackers on the sidewalk watch him go by (don't believe me? hang around Ithaca sometime...this town is like the movie SLACKERS, we really are....). Anyway, the dude drives off, and D____ tells me that he is his wife's EX. You kinda think "Eeeew! He may work, but what a slime!"
ANYWAY, so the missus (should I be telling this story? Oh well, she won't see it until later) left a job in one building and moved into a job in the building next door. She was replaced by M____ a thirty something brainless tart. The Missus best friend H____ still works in that building. The brainless young tart M_____ just so HAPPENS to be H______'s ex-husband's ex-girlfriend. Now they work nearly side by side. You have to wonder if somebody might put something in the coffee one day....

ANYWAY, the point of all this? Me and the missus, knowing full well that people are together or apart for good and bad reasons, grabbed hands, shared a shudder and agreed that it is easier to BE TOGETHER. Just like Sting said.

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, much easier and much more fun! And you two look quite happy. Congratulations!

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

Awwwww. Y'all are so super sweet. Y'all should be a romance movie.

"Mr. and Mrs. Potter and the love they share."

Happy Thursday!!!

tt said...

Cheri just cracked me up!! cuz I was thinking the same thing...what???
And...brainless tart?? I LOVE that..and I'm totally stealing that line.
You and the Missus look so sweet...and that just started my blog day with a smile!

Anonymous said...

I know I'll have to go back and read that a few times before I completely understand that story!!

I agree, though. I am SO glad my husband and I are married.

Anonymous said...

i have to agree with both cheri and tt. next time please supply a diagram.

you and the missus belong together...forever. your love is rare.

Tricia said...

I saw a picture of your tart the other day right here on your blog. What was so brainless about it? Oh wait, I think I'm confused. I've been to Ithaca. I grew up in a similar kind of place.

Jessica said...

Ooh, what a soap opera. As I get older I realize a lot of people have lives like that. You and the missus are on the right track! :D

Lynda said...

Amen - that's how Jerry and I feel, too!

Real Live Lesbian said...

You two are so cute together! I feel the same way about my girl!

Aleta said...

I feel like I just watched a soap opera after reading this post! But the moral is true ~ better to be with someone you love than all the drama that people put themselves through.

Ellen said...

Yeah! Let's hear it for staying together! (its 32 years for me and the Mister..)

Gary's third pottery blog said...

....and think of all the germs they're passing around....

Miss Heather said...

EEW! GERMS! Yeah, marriage isn't easy... but man, it probably is easier to work on it than to quit... makes things too complicated. Is the coffee house really called Gimmee Coffee? I LOVE IT!

Gary's third pottery blog said...

yes, GIMMEE!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Heather marriage is NOT easy you have to work on it day by day and always putting the other one first.Im widow for 6 years now.Im not sure if I would ever get married again.Im all for it.But I guess I feel like been there done that.

fiwa said...

You know, I feel the same way whenever I come home from a visit with my family. I throw my arms around my husband and tell him how lucky I am to have such a great spouse. There is so much drama in my siblings marriages.

We are lucky, aren't we?

Anonymous said...

You haven't seen anything till you've worked for the State of NY!

Back in the day - everybody had been married to (or with) just about everybody else, at one time or another! If a new group of employees were hired it was called 'open season'!!! lol!

Reb said...

Um, that was convoluted! Glad you and your wife are determined to stay together.

Anonymous said...

My head was already on explode-mode BEFORE I read this! Now I can't think straight...

Except to TOTALLY agree that a good marriage ROCKS. And like several already said, it is worth the work to keep it in rockin' good shape.

Happy Friday, Gary!

Unknown said...

Who needs Danielle Steele and such? Get your kicks right here on Potter's Blog. And best of all, it's FREE! Such a bargain, and wonderful goodies to look at, admire and even buy, as well!!!