Wednesday, October 8, 2008

hook 'em horns!




(longhorn sugar bowl by Gary Rith)
Lynda asked for a longhorn sugar bowl, because she is a Texan and her father has a farm with longhorns! Wouldn't you love to visit that?
I think this turned out really beautifully. I don't use my white glaze at home, so just as I say below, I made this in the Cornell studio and glazed it there. I brought it home to fire yesterday, because the Cornell studios take awhile to catch up with all the work to fire. My baby kiln fires up to 2300 degrees, but is VERY small, shoe box size, sorta, but big enough to fire a vase and sugar bowl!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that's really a nice piece, Gary! It came out great!

Lynda said...

Gary, I can't tell you how much I love this! My stepmom is going to be blown away. Thank you, thank you, thank you! (oh, and you're right about the coffee)

Gordo said...

That white glaze is something else, Gary.

Wep said...

MOOOOOOOO!!!!

Anonymous said...

FANTASTIC!

Linda Starr said...

The longhorn sugarbowl is beautiful, love the little pool of turquoise. Those elephant handled mugs at the top, WOW - love how the trunk is part of the handle - very, very nice.

Gary's third pottery blog said...

:^)