Saturday, October 25, 2008

le zebra teapot and sugar bowl!



(Gary Rith making pots)
Soooooo, Friday was MOST awesome.
I shipped a box to WALES, United Kingdom, an order to Old Grey Poet, which Kate was sending to him, how cool is that? I cleaned the cat box and blogged, per usual but then had a DATE with the wife late in the afternoon at the hippie cafe! (usually you hear me call it the hippie bakery, but Friday? We went into the CAFE side. Much fancier (NOT) I love dates with the wife, although my allowance can only afford so much, but I had a COUPON!!!!! (Yes, I use coupons when I go on dates, doesn't everybody?)
But, before that I had spent a super pleasant afternoon fiddling with zebras and all my pals at the Cornell ceramics studio. The place was absolutely packed. When I was in college, everybody went to the pottery studio on Friday afternoon to warm up for the weekend and listen to the Grateful Dead (and smoke herb--but not me, no no!), but yesterday, as it had been in college, everybody just as quickly clears out by 5 to go out drinking. Well anyway. Big adventures today plus somebody from Cleveland called and wants to visit the studio (? I am very famous in Cleveland?). More later....

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cleveland rocks!

Linda Starr said...

I just love your zebras and the look of this taller teapot. Wonder what color you'll be glazing them?

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

le Gary is le Quiet on this le Saturday...

[go clean your floors] OK! Okay! I'm goin'! Geeze, I'm such a slacker.

Happy Saturday!

Gary's third pottery blog said...

the pots will be BLACK!
we were on the road this am, will report on it Sunday, thanks all!

Miss Heather said...

I LOVE the Zebras. They are AMAZING! And we use coupons on dates too... I don't know why it's considered bad... it saves money, baby!

Lynda said...

Of course you are famous in Cleveland! You are famous 'round the world. The pots looks fantastic.

Lynda said...

Oh and looking forward to seeing "another" teapot and sugar bowl, too!

Anonymous said...

Jimbo and I use coupons all the time, if we can find them for our favorite places!

Sooooo - what did order??? Was it tasty and delicious???

Facts - Gary.

Anonymous said...

PS: Thanks for sending the package!

Anonymous said...

Have you ever thought of making the animals a bit bigger and on the side of your mug (kinda like your ghost mug) and then making the tail of the animal look like the handle? I think that would be cute. :)

Gary's third pottery blog said...

:)
I have been thinking esp. that a zebra and a mug handle must go together somehow....