Monday, October 13, 2008

Le DAY in the life





Missus G of Derfwad Manor suggests a photo essay of a day in your life, in pictures! Sunday for me was fairly typical, except for the fact that dozens of people came over.
SO, our hero, c'est moi, is pictured finishing an apple tart in the morning, ready for breakfast. I love to bake, it is of course similar to working with clay, and this recipe was my wife's grandmother's plum tart recipe (plums are OK, apples are better). The beagle-matic was keeping the floor clean for me, as you see below the oven door. I spend most of the day in Le studio fiddling with clay and pots, and this was the weekend of the duck. I knew I would be captive to visitors on the open studio tour, and Sunday I had the most ever visitors, so it seemed a good time to concentrate on ducks. You see down below I started thinking DUCK PITCHER too, but mostly I finished a huge number of ducky cuppys.
One visitor was my old buddy David, (see bearded gent) a blog friend before we moved to Ithaca, then we met him in the flesh. David is one of those guys you can talk to all afternoon...
and so finally, I helped the missus make some pizza, which is her Sunday habit, and then there is walking le beast, or le beagle (seen below). My neighbors probably think I don't do anything other than walk the dog--as much as 5-6 times a day. But Penny is an athlete and likes to get out on squirrel patrol...

18 comments:

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

Tarts? Pies? Pizzas? Ducks? Full weekend over there, Big G!

Hope you sold lots of stuff and maybe got orders for some special dishes!!

Happy Monday!

Gary's third pottery blog said...

I am w=h=i=p=p=e=d....tired!

Wep said...

Olivia is the same way. She was voted most walked dog in the neighborhood two years running! We have three walks a day, one for 2 miles. She could go for more, but mommy has to work to pay for the kibble!

Glennis said...

Mmmm, the tart looks delicious!

Anonymous said...

your pottery is cool! thanks for sharing your day...

Mrs. G. said...

Apple tart....mmmmmmmm. Your Le wife is Le lovely.

Anonymous said...

Wow,my eyes almost fell out.LOL, your making pies and tarts? What a nice hubby.Your just the busiest guy.Have a nice rest of your day.

Saucy said...

I'm glad you took part in Mrs. G's social experiment so we could all come over and visit your dogs and your ducks. Thanks for the plum tart, too.

Karen said...

I love the comment about how the neighbors must wonder about you walking the dog so much.
My hubby is Mr. DIY. So we always wonder what the neighbors think as we bring more and more wood home.
Glad to hear your open house went well.

Miss Heather said...

I'm jealous you made Apple Tart. Come to Utah and teach Michael how to cook! He's only in the kitchen if it's to eat. :o)

Unknown said...

Ha! I definitely need a beagle-matic in my life :-)

fiwa said...

Are you going to share the apple tart recipe? Please??

I love the duck pitcher - show us after it's glazed too, ok?

tt said...

I love that you love to bake. I do too!!!! I do it for the parentals mostly...but Lovee gets the benefit of it too. :)
Recipe to follow maybe?????

I love peeking into your life!

Anonymous said...

It's

Un jour de al vie!

Susan as Herself said...

Sounds like a great--although busy and tiring---day! And apple tart and pizza in one day??? YUM.

Anonymous said...

We really must come for a visit and eat at your house!
You remind me...I owe SuperDad an apple pie or two.
I couldn't blog about today, because I FORGOT MY CAMERA!! We went to Monticello with the grandparents. Hooray for a holiday, and a beautiful one at that!

PS: So on a regular day, you just walk the dog, blog, make pots, walk the dog, blog, make pots?

Deirdre said...

Thanks for sharing your day!

I miss Ithaca. I bet the trees are lovely right now.

And that apple tart looks fantastic.

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of you taking the tart out of the oven. Penny's little behind is poking out from underneath the oven door--she's such a crack up.
EH