So it is open studio weekend, next weekend too, and you can see the atmosphere is quite festive. It is tremendous fun having people visit, and I am thinking that I may search the garage for pieces of wood, then paint a large sign saying "Open studio Pottery Sale Today" and put it up on the street every weekend I am hanging around. Why limit myself to 2 weekends a year? Put a little bell on the door, like an old fashioned shop!
In other news, speaking of dreams, I have a pet in my dreams. I have a little caged hamster that I visit from time to time and take care of on a regular basis. Can you believe I have had a dream pet for years? Horribly, though, last night I dreamt I hadn't remembered him in a bit, and when I ran to the cage I could see he was down to his last 3 crunchies and 3 sips of water, he had a sore over one of his eyes and he had lost a foot. Naturally I filled the food and water and tried to care for him, and he was a bit perkier by the end of the dream, but.....::shiver::.
Finally, Lynda asked on Friday for readers to develop a MEME and we tossed in ideas and it is a funny little meme, and you can copy it to your blog, or please, add your comments here! My answers below.
1. What word do you wish would disappear forever?
2. If you could be king or queen of a European country, which one and why?
3. Would you rather be deaf or blind?
4. What's something you collect?
5. What is your favorite TV show or movie you would never admit to anyone?
6. What is your favourite comfort food?
1. What word do you wish would disappear forever? People say "a-n-a-l" all the time, as in the Freudian use, indicating they are ultra uptight about cleanliness and organization. I wish they would choose a different word...
2. If you could be king or queen of a European country, which one and why? I had said France Friday, because of the wine, art, romance and food, but I am in an Iceland mood today. I would be the king of ICELAND! Think of it, a tiny little island where nobody would bother you, with hot springs and shaggy sheep...
3. Would you rather be deaf or blind? Horrible question, but I could never be sightless!
4. What's something you collect? As mentioned recently POCKET WATCHES! My great-grandmother passed downn her great-uncle Edgar's Elgin pocket watch and...a small obsession was born.
5. What is your favorite TV show or movie you would never admit to anyone? NEVER ADMIT? Of course I like classics like Gilligan and Brady Bunch!
6. What is your favourite comfort food? I had said wrap anything in a tortilla, but I think the truth is peanut butter and jam....