Sunday, October 12, 2008

open studio day one, a dream hamster and a MEME

So it is open studio weekend, next weekend too, and you can see the atmosphere is quite festive. It is tremendous fun having people visit, and I am thinking that I may search the garage for pieces of wood, then paint a large sign saying "Open studio Pottery Sale Today" and put it up on the street every weekend I am hanging around. Why limit myself to 2 weekends a year? Put a little bell on the door, like an old fashioned shop!

In other news, speaking of dreams, I have a pet in my dreams. I have a little caged hamster that I visit from time to time and take care of on a regular basis. Can you believe I have had a dream pet for years? Horribly, though, last night I dreamt I hadn't remembered him in a bit, and when I ran to the cage I could see he was down to his last 3 crunchies and 3 sips of water, he had a sore over one of his eyes and he had lost a foot. Naturally I filled the food and water and tried to care for him, and he was a bit perkier by the end of the dream, but.....::shiver::.

Finally, Lynda asked on Friday for readers to develop a MEME and we tossed in ideas and it is a funny little meme, and you can copy it to your blog, or please, add your comments here! My answers below.

1. What word do you wish would disappear forever?

2. If you could be king or queen of a European country, which one and why?

3. Would you rather be deaf or blind?

4. What's something you collect?

5. What is your favorite TV show or movie you would never admit to anyone?

6. What is your favourite comfort food?


1. What word do you wish would disappear forever? People say "a-n-a-l" all the time, as in the Freudian use, indicating they are ultra uptight about cleanliness and organization. I wish they would choose a different word...

2. If you could be king or queen of a European country, which one and why? I had said France Friday, because of the wine, art, romance and food, but I am in an Iceland mood today. I would be the king of ICELAND! Think of it, a tiny little island where nobody would bother you, with hot springs and shaggy sheep...

3. Would you rather be deaf or blind? Horrible question, but I could never be sightless!

4. What's something you collect? As mentioned recently POCKET WATCHES! My great-grandmother passed downn her great-uncle Edgar's Elgin pocket watch and...a small obsession was born.

5. What is your favorite TV show or movie you would never admit to anyone? NEVER ADMIT? Of course I like classics like Gilligan and Brady Bunch!

6. What is your favourite comfort food? I had said wrap anything in a tortilla, but I think the truth is peanut butter and jam....


18 comments:

Wep said...

I had a weird dream last night too....I don't like scary dreams...

Gary's third pottery blog said...

who needs them????

Nancy L.K. Boyce said...

I am always being chased or looking for something that I never find. One time I had a "sex" dream about Woody Allen- what does that say about me?

Anyway, good luck today Gary!

Gary's third pottery blog said...

Thanks Nancy!
My wife noticed that I keep wearing this shirt, and here it is, publicly blogged. WELL, you see, I do laundry every day or two, and tend to take today's outfit off the top of the clean pile, and if I am not thinking about it.....I wear the same shirt 3 times a week.
:)

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

Howdy Big G!

Happy Selling on a Sunday!!!!

Cheryl Alena Kinzel said...

Gary I can't keep up with you. The most prolific blogger around. I am going to add your meme (and answers) to my blog post for Monday (Derfwad Manor challenge). I'm glad to see the sun is shining on you guys and I hope the mouse has left the house.

Anonymous said...

I like that shirt! Good colors for you and it looks really cozy and soft.

I'm putting your meme on my Xanga blog, Monday entry.

Hope you had a really 'fortunate' day Saturday, and will have a good one next week, too.

Good Luck fixing the kiln. That looks like a beastly job!

Hugs from t'other side of the world,
~ Sil

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a great day today!

Anonymous said...

1.I would have to say that a word or words I wish to go away would be Fuck Off.So many teens and older adults use that.
2.My favorite comfort food is definately Ice Cream.I dont eat it often but when I do im truly comforted.LOL
3.I could never be Blind.Im like you.Thats has to be so unbearable.
4.I used to collect porcelin dolls.Not anymore though.
5.I dont watch hardly any Tv.Seriously.
Hmm, I think I missed one I will go check .

Anonymous said...

Oh How could I have fogotten this one,Greece would difinately be my answer.Why? Because Im Greek! lol

The Wisdom of Wislon said...

Love your pots!

Miss Heather said...

I am SO SO SO BUMMED that I don't live in NY so I can't come to your Open House. Although... maybe it's a good thing since I'd spend too much money. :o)

I'm going to post those questions on my blog and answer them...

And you ROCK!! And I LOVE the shirt!

Gary's third pottery blog said...

thanks!
well, it is an ordinary shirt, just happens to keep showing up on top....

Chatty said...

I can't believe you have a dream pet and it's always the SAME dream pet. That's very interesting. Also kind of weird, Gar! What, you don't do enough nurturing while you're awake, you have to have responsibilities in your SLEEP, too?
I'm all for your being King of Iceland, btw. But, you'll have to be able to spell Reykjavík right off the top of your head when people ask...and they will...

Jessica said...

I think you should open your studio more than two weekends a year! What a great idea. :)

Sorry about your hamster. :/ I hope next time you see him he's ok.

cm said...

1. Seriously? Seriously.

2. Lichtenstein, because it's fun to say. Not so fun to spell.

3. Deaf, in the hopes that I could still feel the beat.

4. Pennies. Not from heaven, just the first one I find of a given year.

5. My name is cm and I am newly addicted to Y&R. Sigh.

6. A little bit of toast.

Janet said...

Obviously, you're living proof there are alternative universes and one of yours is leaking through. Glad your subconscious got you to your hamster in time!

1. What word do you wish would disappear forever? "hate"; please get rid of it, it's a bummer.

2. If you could be king or queen of a European country, which one and why? Hmmm...hmmm...waaaay to much responsibility for me!

3. Would you rather be deaf or blind? Seeing as how I lost my hearing for a time (burst ear drum) I kind of know what it's like...and it sucked not to be able to hear things, but still...I could drive and take pictures and read...so I'll have to go with deaf.

4. What's something you collect? BPAL scents.

5. What is your favorite TV show or movie you would never admit to anyone? Well, if I would never admit to it, then what makes you think I'd do so here? ;-)

6. What is your favourite comfort food? macaroni and cheese in the blue box, please (Kraft only!)

Di Mackey said...

If I dream about a pet hamster tonight, you are in so much trouble ... just so you know ;)