Thursday, October 16, 2008

Pottery in action: Le banana bread


(plate and mini loaves of banana bread)
So, Emily not only asked what my apple torte recipe was, she also wanted a good banana bread recipe. I had two elderly bananas, and therefore dove right in.

Preheat to 350
-pulp 2 bananas in a blender or chopper, toss into bowl
-add an egg and whip it good with a spoon, then add a teaspoon of lemon juice or rind too, and 1/3 cup oil and WHIP IT GOOD, with a spoon
-dump in 1 3/4 cup flour and 2/3 cup sugar and 2 1/4 teaspoon baking powder and WHIP IT GOOD with your spoon
-I didn't have any in the cupboard this week, but mix in a half cup of walnuts or pecans and CRAISINS---banana bread with craisins is doggone good
--bake 28-40 minutes in greased loaf pan until toothpick comes out clean----more like 28 for these 3 baby loaves, more like 40 minutes for a full size loaf

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

they look good. i may just try this recipe.

Anonymous said...

MMMM! Thanks, Gary. You're as good as your word. Can't wait till I have some "elderly bananas" myself so's I can try out this one.
EH

Anonymous said...

Delicious,I love banana bread with walnuts.I know why dont you make the plate etc and cook the tarts banana breads and pies, sell them all together? hahah lol

Anonymous said...

Did you know bakers are sadists?
No, really?
Yes, they beat eggs and whip cream.

That recipe reminded me of that joke.

Anonymous said...

Elderly bananas? You crack me up, sir!
But you keep presenting beautiful food on plates that look just like mine, so I keep thinking that I should have a magic monitor that lets me reach out and grab some of that yummy food!
Time for breakfast...

Anonymous said...

Oh, great, now I've got Devo's "Whip It" in my head this morning...

Janet said...

Devo!!!