Wednesday, October 8, 2008

New Yawk, Knight, blah blah blah


(vase by Gary Rith)
Knight is a New Yorker, of course, so she says she has decorated all in BLACK and asked if I could make a black vase? I don't have black at home, but made this at the Cornell studios and used their rather good black glaze. Spiffy vase, eh? I blob a little white around the rim so that you get that hot cocoa look....

My sister-in-law had lived in New York many years but went to business school in Indiana. She wore black all the time, as New Yorkers do, and people always asked if she was depressed. More like, just a New York kinda thing. She is, of course, back in New York now....

6 comments:

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

;-)

tt said...

Gorgeous!!!!!
I'm trying to think where I could put one now.....hummmmm...off to ponder that.

Knight said...

PERFECTION! Beautiful shape and color. I absolutely love it. You know New York!

Knight said...

I'm already making flower arrangements in my head.

Reb said...

That is a lovely vase!

Unknown said...

Smart, sleek, sophisticated! Gorgeous, too!!!!