Saturday, October 10, 2009

Pottery and Preview Party







(le missus, me, Martha and Norah)
I figured that since I had to set up for today's open studios (11-5 Saturday and Sunday) that I might as well invite my Thursday advanced class over, plus other Cornell pot shop buddies. Holy cats, so many people came over--it is a small studio, but at one point there was 14 people crammed into this little space, the neighbors, I kid you NOT, called to complain (at least the police were not called) and both Tom and Martha (actually, to clarify, there were TWO TOMs and two Marthas at this party) had brought homemade wine from their bath tubs, and as you see from the bottom pic, it was finger lickin' good.
I got pics before everybody arrived, and then when almost everybody else was gone---it was too crowded to get across the room to find the camera. Plus the kiln was on, HOT.
Potters know how to PAR-TAY.....

So, the top pics give you an idea of what the studio is looking like--pretty festive...

15 comments:

kate et jim said...

I thought all your neighbors were nice, Gary??? Someone actually called to complain???

Gallow said...

14 is nothing. Just wait until all the Gallows get there.

Gary's third pottery blog said...

They are very nice. We, ah, pushed some boundaries......

denis said...

i wanna join in all the fun too. pity i live so far.

Unknown said...

Wow, G... your studio looks great! Have fun, and I hope you sell everything! :D

Hilary said...

Looks like a great time.. you neighbourhood disturbance, you!

Jay said...

Looks like some wild times.

Reverend Awesome said...

Did they neighbors call to complain that they were feeling jealous at how much fun people were having at your place? i bet that's it.

celeste said...

Nice to know you don't need either me or Maurice to get the cops involved.

Emily SIL said...

Wish I'd been there!

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

I know how small that space is... 14 people?!? You must've been REALLY close! LOL

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

Well damn. I missed a great party just because I live 3,000 miles away. And I'm sick.

Unknown said...

Wish I was there too!

Unknown said...

Awwww, me too! But I do have a pretty good feeling I wouldn't like your neighbors. Just because you're an artist, you're not supposed to have fun, once in a while? Fie upon 'em. Or maybe they're mad because the personal invitation blew off their porch?

Busy Bee Suz said...

looks like a lot of fun. Dumb neighbors!!! :)