Monday, July 20, 2009

thanks Kasey, you're AWESOME!

























(mug by Gary Rith, doodle by Kasey)
Kasey is another one of these Iowans who blows you away. Totally cool. What is it about Iowa??? (I lived most of my childhood in Iowa, of course, and was born in Nebraska...) (I bumped into Megan and her family today on the street, another wicked cool Iowan, but that's another story).
ANYWAY, so Kasey sends me this doodle the other day (Kasey is an artist too, of course). She wonders if I would try to make a leafy green cup with an owl on top and a wee little mouse below???? Mais OUI Kasey! I had never made an owl before, but I was inspired.....
Kasey, in other news, just became an ordained minister because her little brother is a Marine shipping out for Afghanistan and wanted his sister to officiate at his wedding.................oh boy, what a sweet story........................

18 comments:

Miss Heather said...

OMG! That owl is FREAKING AWESOME!!!

Gallow said...

One day while looking for Christmas gifts for my daughter I determined that she was going to be a collector of Owls. For a long time she would tell people that she was an avid owl collector. When people would ask her how many owls she had, she would reply none. Since that time many of her friends have purchased owls including Christmas Tree decorations. She always puts them on our trees in the front of the tree. My wife gives me the evil eye every time somebody comments on the owl.

So, I see a new gift for my daughter. Will you be selling these?

Anonymous said...

Wonderful collaboration!

Susan as Herself said...

Brilliant design and brilliant execution. Love it!!!

cookingwithgas said...

Tweet! I mean sweet! Great idea!

Unknown said...

Kasey Dawn is quite awesome. I do love the owly and it's 'sneaky' food. :)

Lis Garrett said...

Oh, I just LOVE this!

Gary's third pottery blog said...

I s'pose I should make a bunch :)
Thanks!

Stacey B said...

OMG, that is soooooo awesome! I think those would sell sell sell :o)

Kimberly said...

Very cool idea!!

Busy Bee Suz said...

I love what you have done here...I love what SHE has done and what her Brother is doing for all of us!!!!

Reverend Awesome said...

Gary!!! I love it! LOVE IT! I see you have the awesome-time header back as well! YAY!!!!

Anonymous said...

totally dig that beefy handle

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

Whoo is great at owls?!

Hilary said...

That's a terrific design. You did a fine job of it.. very cool!

Lynda said...

Gary - definitely make a BUNCH of these... I already have my checkbook out :)

~ Sil in Corea said...

Love the Owl/mouse cup!!! Also love Penny & the lily pond.

Would you be kind enough to email me a copy of that photo to show my students? We were looking at some of Monet's water lily paintings yesterday; they are artistic, but your photo is the real deal! Of course, Korea has that big Buddhist-lotus thing going, but they don't know the difference between water lilies and lotuses (loti? lotae?).

Hugs from the far side
of the world,
~ Sil

Unknown said...

Oh, my golly, gee whiz, and yessssss! The owl/mouse combo is so outrageiously wonderful! I want three, please. One for me, and one for my rescue/rehabber daughter in California who seems to always have a bunged up owl she'ls either looking after or just ready to release. I think she and her husband would love mugs of their own with owls they could KEEP!