Sunday, July 19, 2009

the first crush I had in sixth grade

I am supremely pleased with this glaze firing just unloaded. I really dig this black and blue spotted combo.
And my pal Lynda had said "hey, make a glaze color wheel!" and sadly it didn't photograph clearly, but I made cat tiles and used all 14 of my glazes to give customers an idea of what I can use. I won't, however, use the pink, for example, on anything but pigs. I don't like pink cups or vases.

So yesterday the missus was on the road visiting her sister and I picked her up at the bus stop after midnight. Twas a good day here, walking Penny to exhaustion, watching episodes of the Office....AND

Remember sixth grade? I know. Who would want to go there? Anyway, out of the BLUE I get this friend request on facebook, and it is the first crush I had in 6th grade! (I had, um, quite a few crushes--I loved girls, but she was the first that year--she was so cute). ANYWAY, funny thing is, she has been living in New Zealand and....just moved in down the street. IN THIS TOWN. Funny funny world......





(pottery by Gary Rith)

12 comments:

Kimberly said...

Love the dark glaze. the vases are a nice size...I love very small bouquets better than the big ones. Much more delicate looking.

Anonymous said...

Good stuff! Love the "cat wheel": excellent idea (hey, you could make a clock with 'em!). M

Nancy L.K. Boyce said...

Nice Gary!

Nancy L.K. Boyce said...

OH- You should make magnets out of your kitties!

Emily SIL said...

The black glazes are so beautiful! And that's quite a kittycat you've made.

Busy Bee Suz said...

Love your kitty wheel!!!!
6th grade huh? You started young. ;)

Unknown said...

Oh... I LOVE the black kitty. :)

The kitty-wheel-o-color is a great idea. I remember in junior high, we had to cut out pictures from magazines and make a color wheel. I still have it somewhere... I think I cut everything out in the shape of dolphins. :)

cm said...

I often think Zappa got it wrong and life is actually like grade six, but with money.

Jessica said...

Nice, love the Kitty wheel.

So, is an orange mug doable now?!:)

Miss Heather said...

What if I really really wanted a pink mug? :) I LOVE PINK!

It's funny your school crush added you on FB because so did mine (like last week!)

Susan as Herself said...

Love all those colored cats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lynda said...

The kitty wheel is GREAT!