Sunday, July 5, 2009

gorgeous green






(pots by Gary Rith)
I have been working on a new green glaze recipe for months, and this test tile turned out beautifully so yesterday I glazed some pieces and fired them (and a quick look into the kiln sez they're gorgeous!) and realized that it is a familiar dark green color--like our Subaru! Go to the grocery store here and there are seven dark green Subarus like mine and you have to find the one with the pig hanging from the mirror and the stuffed beagle on the dash.
These fired pieces will be pictured tomorrow, and I noticed that the ivies are taking over my studio.....

3 comments:

Gordo said...

I keep seeing burgundy Subarus like ours all over the place. Only one has bees on it, though. :-)

That green looks great!

Anonymous said...

I like the look of the green. Can't wait to see the results and maybe a test with, say, a certain black glaze??? :-) M

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

That's a PURDY green, ya' got there! ;-)