Monday, July 27, 2009

cannot say I am full of energy on Monday morning...



(cat-dog jar by Gary Rith)
So yesterday I am making these wide bowls with wide rims, because I want a nice place for nekkid people to stretch out. On the rim of a bowl. And I realize that these are 90 % on their way to being chip-dip things, with nekkid people, but I am like
"how am I gonna sell nekkid pottery?" and I think of Nance.
I make the phone call "Nance, would you really be willing to sell nekkid pots? I mean, you know, will people at your store be upset?" and Nance is like
"Gary, I have to tell you, your nekkid people are too cartoonish and ugly to offend anybody"
and I immediately agree with her point but then I mention
"but Nance, the guys, you know, have PARTS"
and she is like
"maybe we'll cover up the guy's parts"
and I was on it
"Nance, we can put the price tags over the parts, and the buyer can go home and undress him!"

If you like Chuck Prophet, and I do, you'll enjoy this silly video here which some folks made unprofessionally to go with his song....

11 comments:

kate et jim said...

Morning, Gary...

denis said...

make lots of nekkid people. i bet it will be a big seller.

Anonymous said...

funny discussion and i don't blame her but we are such prudes in america

Glennis said...

Funny about the price tags!! Great idea, too!

We came home to find Le Piglet on my husband's keyboard, just where we left him.

Busy Bee Suz said...

I like the nekkid people. But I also like the nekkid dogs and cats too. :)

Nancy L.K. Boyce said...

Little fig leaf price tags!

Unknown said...

Undress the pot...it's alike a gift in a gift. Brilliant!

Lynda said...

Love the dog & cat jar! I still think you should call your nekkid dip dishes Skinny Dippers...make the price tags look like swimsuits!

Stacey B said...

I will definitely be buying some nekkid items for Christmas! My dad would totally love them.

Wow, that sounds kind of creepy doesn't it?!

Jason, as himself said...

I'll buy some nekkid pottery!!!

Unknown said...

haha the price tag idea is brilliant!