Sunday, July 12, 2009

NOT Korean




(me and some stuff from today, some traditional Korean bottles)
Some times I get into this mood, you know? Not wanting to make pigs or dogs or whatever, but wanting to make a favorite traditional shape, and the Koreans KNEW THEIR STUFF. Lookit these Korean celadon bottles (celadon is, roughly defined by me, a pale greenish-bluish-greyish shiny glaze--there is a fantastic wiki article about celadon here).
I LOVE long necked bottles, and like to make some with different textures and glazes and such (I made 3 bigs ones here, at the back of the table)......

4 comments:

KaiBlue said...

Aloha Gary,
I love the colour of the turquoise vase, it's so elegant and Zen-ish..
peace, Kai

Miss Heather said...

I love those! You are awesome (but you already knew that!)

Unknown said...

Only moderately hip? C'mon now, don't be so modest. :)

Unknown said...

I think celadon is my mostest favorite green and your description of it is absolutely perfect, Gary. I have a celadon bowl from Thailand filled with the beautiful fruits from Hong Kong that they make with jade and other semi-precious stones, like tourmaline, etc. that I just love the feel and look of. Very calming just to sit and gaze at, but even better to pick up and feel, especially the jade.