Tuesday, July 28, 2009

LATER that same day....and KATE and JIM c'mon over!





















If life gives you lemons (say a UTI) make lemonade (the cure being cranberry juice!)and after 5, add some vodka, a most healthful drink.
The cape codder!!!!

1 1/2 oz vodka
3 oz cranberry juice
1 lime wedge



Pour Vodka and Cranberry Juice into a highball glass over ice. Stir well, add the wedge of lime, and serve.


Funny story about cape codders. A couple of summers ago a sister-in-law was visiting, and I was helping out at a gallery till 6:30, and the wife sez she'll try baking some new pizza recipe.
I get home, most hungry, and she is busy doing sisterly stuff with her sister (I am the usual chef in the house) and there is NO PIZZA.

There was a scramble in the kitchen and the wife set to it and we ate at about 9 pm....
meanwhile, me and the sister-in-law opened the vodka and cranberry juice, found the ice and limes, and after sharing 2 or 4 (or was it more?) drinkie poos, we didn't really
a) care
b) feel all that hungry

6 comments:

Lynda said...

and a good time was had by all??

kate et jim said...

We're almost pulling in your driveway, Gary! Start pouring!

(my favorite brand, too!!!) ;)

Busy Bee Suz said...

Great story! I love this combo, it is a bit like a cosmopolitan, my favorite thing to drink...well if wine is not available.
Glad you are feeling better. have fun.

Stacey B said...

Wow, that drink is making me wish I had a UTI right now :o)

Hilary said...

Glad to hear you're on the mend. Cheers!

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

I love cape cods!