Monday, July 13, 2009

nudiste! Newd and lood.....





(newd people on a pot by Gary Rith)
So my pal Christi was like "are you gonna stat putting nekkid cheubs on your pots???" and I am like "YEAH!" and so today I am fiddling away (took forever) and I get the dude onto the rim, anatomically correct and all, and then I make a rather robust female companion for the dude, she hasn't been attached yet, and I reflect on newds in art throughout time.....which is what artists live for, yes indeed...when I was in 8th grade Mr Bull and Mr Groves asked what I wanted to be when I grew up (as if I was ever gonna grow up) and I said "ARTIST!" and Mr Bull hoots "because you just want to make newds all day long!!!" and I blushed but, you know....

17 comments:

Busy Bee Suz said...

that little nekkid guy is cute. Cute in a way that says: "stay back 150 feet"
:)

Reverend Awesome said...

I am a fan of dude's an all but, they look a bit silly naked.

denis said...

it's about time!!!!!

Jay said...

What? You're putting noood people on your pottery? But, what about the cheeeeldren? I'm sure somebody is going to be offended by this. ;-)

denis said...

the people who are offended by a cute little nude cherub need to get a life.

Unknown said...

Oh my. I don't know what to say. Nekkidness for all. I just read an article about people in a nudist colony that run a 5k... NEKKID. That might be something I'd have a problem with.. all that... jiggling. *GASP*

Lis Garrett said...

Hee hee! Love it!

Stacey said...

cracking up!

Anonymous said...

Given the first piccie, I figured we'd be seeing a GR teapot! Maybe next?? ;-)

Awesome about the L. Black! Forget the beer, when are we gonna see some piccies???? :-) M

Unknown said...

This is why I love your pottery and your blog!!! Go for it and don't worry about the prudes!

Susan as Herself said...

I used to tease my painter friends in college that they chose painting as a major because of the nude models. None of them ever denied it!! Heheheheheh.

Gary said...

What a lovely couple! Mr Bull and Mr Groves sound like names to inspire some clay creation!

Aleta said...

ROTFLMAO. I can't believe you did that! Hilarious!

Lynda said...

I love that! Can't wait to see the finished product!

A said...

Thank you for honouring Belgium!

Anonymous said...

the dude looks like he's about to jump in for a swim

Jessica said...

LOL! You really did it! :)More pics please!