Friday, March 13, 2009

pigs in a blanket


(wee little sculptures by Gary Rith)
Mama bunny ran into mama piggy and what can I say? I didn't realize that I would grow up to make mother and child sculptures, I really didn't know. Easier to make this and than actually have kids, I bet.
For newer readers you may not know that I have a pet hamster in my dreams. Just rattling around in my head. For years it was nameless and sexless, but late in the fall, when pressed for a name in a dream, I realized it was called Robert.
So, Robert the hamster, for the first time in a few months, visited briefly last night, arms raised in a victory salute. Guess it approves of what I am up to.

13 comments:

kcinnova said...

I can guarantee you, making those sculptures is easier for you than having kids. (For me, maybe not, but definitely for you!)

SALUTE!

Lynda said...

Nice to hear a new Robert story! Oh yeah, the new sculptures are just adorable :-)

fiwa said...

I love the red cups! The pig & bunny are pretty cute too. You must be doing something right if Robert is visiting less and giving you the air pump when he does. ;)

Lis Garrett said...

Oh Gary, you are so clever! I love the sculptures!!

jimgottuso said...

a rabbit and pig pieta... i can see it now, lapin/porcine annunciation, martyrdom of st. sebastion, last supper... it's endless.

denis said...

the mother/child pietas are way cool but what would be even cooler is a sculpture of robert!!! i want to see what he looks like.

Gary Rith Pottery Blog said...

geez, yeah, how would you make a hamster sculpture?

Linda Starr said...

Very cute wittle wabbit and wittle piggy. I like the wabbit pink nose and mouth. What nothing for Friday the 13th, oh that's right the day is young for you he, he.

Farmer*swife said...

That's what I was going to say, you need to make a little hamster. Make him furry and chunky and cute! With an adorable little hamster nose and name him Robert so we can see him!

Cheri @ Blog This Mom! said...

I think it is time for you to make Robert the Hamster out of clay.

Cheri @ Blog This Mom! said...

Now I'm looking at the other comments and see that your fans are in agreement about this.

If anyone can figure out how to make Robert out of clay, it is you.

Don't forget, Robert will sometimes wear glasses, sometimes have a cape, etc.

;-D

Miss Heather said...

I LOVE the bunny! LOVE it!

Baseball Mom said...

Pigs in a blanket ... LOL!! I lover it!! Cute! Cute!