Friday, December 12, 2008

le sale: FINIS!




(Willard Straight Hall, Cornell University, ME and some of my pots in front of this grand fireplace and a huge vase by Andy Palmer)
SO the Cornell Pot Shop sale is OVAH. I couldn't believe how Christmassy everything felt--going through the snow into this pretty building and sitting by the fireplace selling pots to nice people. So many of my pottery pals stopped by it was tremendous.
If I may say it here, may I? I sold a sunstantial number of pieces, nearly everything I had, which will buy a few groceries this winter, AND because it is a group sale, I am happy to report that MANY of my other potter friends and students also sold a ton. YAY!
The director of the Pot Shop, Andy, is a super sweet guy and he makes wild pots, including this 3 foot tall monster....

5 comments:

Susan as Herself said...

Goodness! Impressive!!

Also---LOVE that red spotted tea pot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Miss Heather said...

AAH! The postcard you sent us about Newt is ADORABLE! It made my day when I opened the mailbox. YOU ROCK!!

Linda Starr said...

I too love your spotted red tea pot, how festive - I coudn't wait for the photo to download so I could see the whole thing (I'm on dialup so it sometimes takes a while on your blog). I am so glad your sale went so well.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the many sales!

The snow looks marvelous. *sigh*
And I covet that red polka-dotted elephant teapot, but dh just saw that I had written you a large check and asked "Why are we sending more money to Gary?" (Um, obviously, I hadn't yet told him about my purchases this week.)

That pot with fluid lines is HUGE!!

Hilary said...

That's great.. I'm happy for you. :)