Tuesday, June 23, 2009

WWC (C and wood!) and odds and ends







So we're driving through Buffalo and I am like 'quick, get the camera!' and we get this shot of Colvin Blvd because I am thinking 'wwc "C" and my buddy KC would get a kick out of her name on a street in Buffalo' because today is Tink's weekly picture challenge, and there are my gently used flamingos in front of my wooden picket fence, hopefully scaring off the chipmunks, and then I am showing the only flamingo I have made which I am thinking I should try making onto a teapot or something, and lastly, of course, you see the new tee Spike gave me for father's day. I am trying to imitate that wicked grin....

11 comments:

kate et Jim said...

We used to have a girl at work who HATED flamingos - sooooo naturally, what do think she would always find on her desk, now and again? yup - she had a whole cabinet full of those things! lol.

Jay said...

Good job getting the camera out in time for the shot. I usually drive right past something and notice it too late. Then I think I'll get it on the way back from wherever I'm going and forget.

There is a house not too far from me that has dozens of pink flamingos in their yard. I didn't know they scared off varmits.

Linda Starr said...

Everybody needs a couple of pink flamingos in the their life. I once drove past a house in the south that had them on the roof. Don't get any ideas Gary.

Lynda said...

Here, church groups,scouts, etc... "flock" people... you pay the kids $25 - $50 bucks and they'll "flock" someone's house by putting 100 flamingos in the front yard with a sign... they come remove them later. It's cute!

Janet said...

so if C and Wood are the "words" are you being bad to Spike in that last shot?

dimpledview said...

That is a fine pair of flamingos you have there!!

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

I like that windshield shot of the road sign, with the "C" highlighted clearly.
So is Niagara Falls still a nice place to visit in the rain?

Gary's third pottery blog said...

the Falls are beautiful anytime :)

Reb said...

I really like the windshield shot of the sign. and the new pot behind your flamingo is lovely.

Haven't been to Niagara Falls in a very long time (since I was a kid) and would dearly love to go again. Thanks for the tips about the islands on your side all joined by bridges.

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

I love the shape of that unfinished tea pot. The bottom where it looks slightly footed? Nice!

Tink said...

It looks like you're trying to play air-guitar on the cat. ;)