Sunday, June 28, 2009

of Kimbo, Corleone, Coraline and boilermakers








Remember the last episode of Seinfeld where the attorney accuses Jerry and his friends:
"you make up all these little names for people, don't you?".
Same is true here. Why call Kim, KIM, when we can call her KIMBO or GOOFY KIM?
Kim is tons of fun so she comes up yesterday and we do this uber long hike and stop at the Queen of Tarts cafe along the way and its just gorgeous, I love summer, and we gossiped about all of YOU.
Friday night, of course, we had watched the GODFATHER, first time for the missus, and last night was QUITE a treat.
We strapped on some boiler makers at the Chapter House and went to Coraline. I loved it. Its terribly odd and a strange story but just spectacular animation and you just love how Coraline is so can do....

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hmm... looks like you had tons of fun... but what's a boiler maker?

Anonymous said...

did the missus like the godfather? hope you had fun at my favorite bar.

Gary's third pottery blog said...

The Godfather was loved!
There are 3 different types of boilermakers that I know of. In our case, you have your shot of straight whiskey and you chase your sips with beer (some people don't sip like we do).
2nd type is to simply pour whiskey into your beer, which I would never do.
3rd type, which I would also never do, is drop the whiskey shot, glass and all, into the glass of beer and drink it together.

A said...

Gary, somehow your pictures made me long for a dog again - really.

Miss Heather said...

I can't believe M had never seen The Godfather! What a treat seriously!!! :) I loved Coraline too...