Thursday, June 4, 2009

Becky Jo is SUPER COOL



(mug and necklace by Becky Jo)
I have all these super cool Iowans in my life these days: 2 of my customers who are sriously into my piggies and they are both vets, Megan and Heidi, one of my pottery students, Amy, and more recently Kasey and Becky Jo, the blogging potter.
It is well known to you all that I was born in Nebraska and spent the first 10 years of my life in Iowa, and there is SOMETHING special about Iowa and Iowans. The movie said it:
"is this heaven?"
"no, its Iowa"
SO, as you know, Becky Jo is an Iowan and a full-time truck driver (nothing wimpy--18 wheelers), and a POTTER and blogger of course, and we swapped pots, and this gorgeous mug just arrived WITH necklace. Lookit the wild stuff she does on the bottom of the cup and Becky Jo, what a groovy handle!!!!!! And glaze!!!!
Wonder if she would swap some glaze recipes.....

3 comments:

Reverend Awesome said...

Becky Jo is super cool, fo sho. She's the bee's knees, cat's pajamas and everything else that means being totally wonderful.

I'm honored to be on the list of cool Iowans. We are a mighty fine group of people.

You have to be also, there's no way that someone could spend 10 years here and not catch a case of awesome.

Unknown said...

It's contagious, Kasey. Iowans spread the love and it sticks to everyone.

I'm glad you like it, Gary! I was wondering when it was going to get there.. I was about to track it, but thought I should put some faith in my husband's employer.

Just tell me which glaze recipes you want, and they're yours. :)

Lynda said...

Wow - just gorgeous, Becky!