Saturday, June 27, 2009

guilty pleasures

Sorry. Certain pop stars, dead or alive, give me indigestion. I wonder if I was choosing a favorite African-American musician--would I be all excited about the freak with the bizarre whitish doll face and the thing for kiddies, or would I be "mmm hmm, BB King can PLAY".

I remember several years ago my buddy tells me "yeah, everywhere I go I hear 'Achey Breaky Heart'". I still havn't heard that song and I guess I don't go to places like that. My radio is tuned to a different spot...
So, you know, high or lowbrow, to my mind it sounds GOOD: Metallica live.................................



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man, can BB EVER play. If he tours again, I'm going to go see him live.

Anonymous said...

BB King all the way!

You've never heard "Achey Breaky Heart"? Hmmmm...
What about "(Would ya Could ya....) Be My Baby Tonight"?
There is a place for country music, Gary. Farmer*sWife & I will have to work on a you a bit. (Please tell me you like Alan Jackson & George Strait!!)