Tuesday, June 16, 2009

cause Becky Jo sez so


(pitcher by Gary Rith)
People are inteesting aren't they? People weigh in on the pitcher below and how it is best pictured, and Becky Jo in IOWA sez something about lemons and Cathy in NORTH CAROLINA does something clever and sends me this pic! Tres cool eh?
(somebody said recently that making a tall pot in 2 sections joined is cheating--I am not the best thrower in the world, but I can throw one blob up to about 20 inches, and this is a one blob pitcher so PPHHHLLLBBBT to the nitpickers, 2 sections, one section, its all good)
I am so darned busy, I can't goof off here at all, I have to finish this teaset and work on glazing a load and feed and walk the dogs clean the cat box and wash the dishes in the NEXT 1 1/2 hours then run to Cornell to make stuff there and get ready to teach classes later in the week and meetup with the missus and Carl for that well deserved happy hour at the Chapter House.....

15 comments:

cookingwithgas said...

Oh- I agree- how can you "cheat" with clay- it's just clay- make you pots in 1 or 100 pieces.
Cheating... double yourPPHHHLLLBBBT and raise you one mind your own beeswax to the nitpickers!

Reverend Awesome said...

If we're just photoshopping things here, I think there should be a shuttle launching out of the bowl.

fiwa said...

Very well done! That is teamwork.

I like the mug in the display picture. And now you'll never know which one I mean. ;)

Love Siouxsie & the banshees!!!

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

That is such a beautiful pitcher! Really....

Barbara said...

That one blob turned out to be quite a gorgeous shape. and you are a tres busy man today.

Susan as Herself said...

Enjoy happy hour!!!

Di Mackey said...

I posted for you ...

Unknown said...

Holy schmoly. I go to work for the day and look at what has happened whilst I was gone. Lemons! I was just thinking those pretty blues with some yellow would make any art teacher proud. :)

Anonymous said...

WE were at Ludgates and saw this little blue coffee mug and I said how cute!@ Turns out it was yours. It had an elephant on it!

Gary's third pottery blog said...

the wonderful f##king world of weiners???????????????????????

Reverend Awesome said...

I checked out the wonderful world of weiners, not what I hoped. It was weiner dogs.

I sent you a message to your yahoo account today.

Anonymous said...

What???????

cathy said...

Someones asks for lemons, I give lemons.

I love the pitcher.....and yes the yellow color makes the blue pop.

Gary, I can hardly wait for my cups to arrive. Thank You

Anonymous said...

I just want to know, will you clean my cat box, too?
No?
Darn... now I've got to go do it.

Hilary said...

Art, no matter how you arrive at it, is never cheating. It's pure creativity. And that includes Photoshop. ;)