Tuesday, June 30, 2009

PAULINE checks in!!!!






(elephant sculptures by Pauline)
My buddy Pauline checks in with her rather AWESOME elephants. She is new to clay, and look at the progression! She writes:
Hi Gary,


I am not sure if my elephants are ready for the world to see, I will leave that up to you ;o) Here are a few, the first one as you can see doesn't really resemble an elephant very much, my teacher calls it "the prune elephant"!!! haha I had never touched clay in my life before and had no idea where to even start! I have improved but have LOTS of learning to do, I have learnt a lot with every elephant I have made. I have really enjoyed pottery and I am not going to give it up anytime soon. One day I might be as good as you and all the other great potters out there :) But it is going to take a while I think! haha


Thanks,
Pauline

8 comments:

kate et jim said...

Wow! Pauline has accomplished herself quickly, eh?

I'd still be on the 'prune'!...

Very nice Pauline! Congrats!

The Mrs said...

Go Pauline! It's great to disover and do something you love. Keep up the great work!

Anonymous said...

So I need more information....which house will be for sale.....the one I love.......or one for 350,000?

Reverend Awesome said...

Yay, Pauline! I love the progression pictures. Cool!

Very good. The world is ready to see them.

Unknown said...

Thank you everyone for your wonderful comments, I really appreciate them. I am just loving pottery and look forward to learning so much more as I go along.

Pauline :o)

Dez said...

Wow, that sure is a great progression. Way to go Pauline. Thanks for sharing Gary.

Unknown said...

Good grief! The progression shown there is astonishing and WONDERFUL! Keep it up and Gary will be facing some really stiff competition, Pauline. I'm so glad I got to see that! And would truly be proud to own your final effort, as well!

Unknown said...

Thank you once again for your lovely comments, my classes start again in September and I can't wait!

Pauline :o)