Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Phase one completed, 75 phases to go...
























The missus said earlier in the spring: "you should turn the entryway of the studio into a nice little shop for people to see as they enter and leave the studio".
Said entryway, where the world enters my lair, was a 8 foot by 8 foot dumping ground, and the studio simply had stacks of pots and junk in many stages.
But she is right: customers should have a focal point, where they can see a display of the best items. I could tell that customers would be looking around, confused, not sure what's for sale and what is mess. Because this is new--I have people coming over all the time. I worked by myself for 10 years in New Hampshire, and nobody ever visited, now people come every week.
So, you have to start somewhere, then move things into place after that, and the NEW SHOWROOM is open! The rest of the place looks like cr@p though....

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks awesome! :-)

Gary's third pottery blog said...

one step at a time...., thanks!

Linda Starr said...

Hi Gary, (the missus was right), the display area looks really great and your pots look wonderful on the shelves. I always hate reorganizing since invariably it leads to more and more stuff I need to do.

Susan as Herself said...

That was a great idea by your wife! I would like to browse there someday.

Gary's third pottery blog said...

you said it Linda--now I am gonna clean the whole house if it kills me!

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

It looks great--as if you needed to be reminded to listen to the Missus!

Ron said...

Nice job. Looks great man.

Unknown said...

That first photo is what I like to call 'organized chaos'. The display area looks beautimus. Very colorful. :)

Gary's third pottery blog said...

beautimus! :)

kate et jim said...

It looks great, Gary!

cm said...

B says that's brilliant! I second that. Looks fabulous!

Emily SIL said...

Me likey.

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

Um, how long did it take you to actually get the "Missus" idea into action after she mentioned her fabulous idea?

Gosh, those vases are awesome and I see my most favorite bowls!!!

Sweet decorative sales pitch!

You should still sneak a cow mug and a duck or something in there.

Hey, did you ever sell my favorite Piggie in light green tea set you made? Just curious...

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

I know the first pic shows transitional chaos, but my attention was grabbed by the Guinness box... is that a bad thing at 6 o'clock in the morning? j/k

Your wife is brilliant! The showroom will prove that people coming to your studio have arrived at the correct door.

Anonymous said...

this is the kind of ambitious project that i dread with a passion. good luck

Prohomemaker.Com said...

Standing up and applauding! Looks fantastic!