Friday, June 19, 2009

five Friday favorites: favorite STUFF and welcome to my life






Looks like I need to vacuum the dog hair, doesn't it?
ANYHOW, so Lynda's Friday five favorites is STUFF and I am cleverly loading my 5 items with stories, because I had a hard time thinking of 5 favorite items (although it occurs to me now that my Godsmack CD and collection of Felix the Cat tees would go on a list of faves...)
So, of course our wee little old purple house is a favorite, along with all of us in it--including le missus, and Emily and Spike cats and Buster and Penny dogs, and speaking of the missus, you could say my wedding ring is a favorite item, and of course my wife who gave it to me (the ring actually belonged to the missus' grandmother--the lady had big fingers cause it fits onto my bigger right ring finger) and this teapot is ours because it has a glaze flaw but I LOVE it so much and it represents, of course, the chance to make pots everyday which is the very best life, and I loooove antique Elgin pocket watches and have a few and the first was the one bottom right, given to me by my family when I was a teen, and I had it fixed and it had belonged to my great uncle Edgar in 1880........

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Aw, all of those things very cool, and touching, and meaningful! :)

Lynda said...

What a wonderful list, Gary!

Hilary said...

Aww very nice. You both wear your wedding rings on your right hands?