Friday, June 19, 2009

at Cornell Pot Shop









(Kaisa, Matt and Tom)
Kaisa was my student a year ago, and Matt and Tom are professionals and house husbands (like me, except their kids have 2 feet not 4 like mine) and you can see Matt throwing a bowl as big as a bathtub and his are the large glazed bowls on the table.
Its a very pretty studio in a pretty building, notwithstanding the large roach in the terlet I blogged yesterday. I enjoy teaching folks there or just making things and bullsh!ting with people like these guys.....There is a huge garden and tiny waterfall outside the windows (Tom's pots in the windows here). I forgot to take pics of my own students. I start talking and forget what I am doing.....blahblahblahbittyblah...

8 comments:

Gallow said...

Where is the studio located?

cookingwithgas said...

what a great space to make pots!
Save me a stool!

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

Cooking with gas said exactly what I was going to say! I want one of those old tractor-style stools, please!

Christi said...

I know Kaisa! Tell her hello from me!

Anonymous said...

looks like a fun place to hang out. nice bowls on the table, i'm a sucker for a tall foot.

Gary's third pottery blog said...

you know Kaisa too????? Steve--lower dungeon, Willard Straight Hall, next to the rock garden--grab Anna and come over!

Anonymous said...

Wow, those bowls are huge! I don't think I'd get much done with a view like that to tempt the daydreaming ... :-)

Lynda said...

I like those big bowls... and Gordo is right... the view is wonderful.