Saturday, June 27, 2009

PENguin envy





(pots by Gary Rith)
Mairead in Dublin, the original one overseas, ordered a stack of stuff last month, that sweetie, and I warned her shipping would be PRICEY and it was-- $100.80!!!!! Just for the shipping. But all the stuff traveled safely and quickly.
Yesterday the skies open up AGAIN and there is the thunder and lightening and whatnot and I shut off and unplug the computer and then we watch "The Godfather" all evening on our video viewer and I wake up thinking:
PENGUIN ENVY. You know, this cartoon here, penguin pots, whatever.
Before I can post though, I get this message from Dublin---Mairead needs MORE, and do I do penguins?????

11 comments:

Nancy L.K. Boyce said...

I love your penguins! The mug with the one in the bottom is SO CUTE!
See ya Monday!

Anonymous said...

Penguins rock and I miss Opus.

mairead said...

once you pop you just can't stop! :)

They are fab Gary, so cool! I will be in touch when my friend gets her place and new addy.

re: the whole Dublin thing, I was collecting info on job losses a few months ago for work, and without even realising, included figures from a company in Dublin, Ohio. eep! was quite sheepish :/

mairead said...

and its so funny that i asked you about penguins just as you were putting them up. lol!

Lou said...

Yup, Mairead has become addicted to Gary's pottery - and frankly, it's totally my fault ;)

Gary's third pottery blog said...

!!!!

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

Love it! Lis mentioned about these storms y'all have been having. We'll take any rain you don't want! Just no hail, as Hubby and BIL planted some sesame for the first time and we are waiting to see how it g(r)oes. LOL!!

I'm still pining over those beautiful, big, shapely bowls... You know, the two-toned blue ones. :-D

Reverend Awesome said...

International Man of Pottery

I want to see pics of your pots in Dublin.
Mailread, take some pics!

Barbara said...

You do do a-do-rable penguins and I especially do love the reclining balancing ones.

Patricia Griffin Ceramics said...

too funny!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the SMILE that was Funny!