Thursday, September 10, 2009

eat at JOE'S...





So like I said yesterday, the mother-in-law is in town, and my MIL is a wicked good time, and when she was young and a Cornell student she went to Joe's, and now here we are 60 years later, going to the same Joe's.....
Joe's is A+ plus---even for vegetarians or vegans or anybody else....I am a little worn out because it was a late evening, and another late evening with the MIL today but, BUT...this is a big day for other reasons.
The wee little pottery classes I teach at the Cornell pot shop start this afternoon. I don't know yet if anybody has signed up, but this is advanced and usally has a lot of very capable and interesting students who want to make complicated things.
I read in the paper the other day there are about 300 or more cases of swine flu up on campus and........

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Are you making a list of all the fun stuff to do in Ithaca, so when Brian and I come for a visit, you can take us to the best places? :D

Busy Bee Suz said...

Joe's sounds YUMMY.
The swine flu, it is some bad stuff...going around everywhere!

Jay said...

300 cases of Bacon Flu? Dude, maybe you should wear one of those surgical masks? ;-)

DirtKicker Pottery said...

Swine flu has been passing quickly in my area too. (Northern NV) I have 5 family memeber's who have had it and are now recovering. From my understanding their cases were fairly mild.

cindy shake said...

sadly, we have the H1N1 flu up here in Alaskaland, treatable but a couple of people have died due to additional viruses combined with the swine flu virus :(

Your students reminded me of a welding (intro -all male) class I was teaching and the projects the guys brought in for the 1-DAY(!) class ranged from a garden bridge, to a steel pot rack to a trellis.... they ended up making 12" x 12" garden art pieces :)

Unknown said...

How to separate the men from the boys, huh? I do love that 'aw, shucks, bet I could do that' attitude, until they try it. That was said remembering my first fling at pottery. Couldn't even center the clay on the wheel! And it looks so easy and matter-of-fact. And that's just the beginning, folks! God bless you, Miss Bell. (My first teacher)

Dez said...

ooo.... first class of the season! Sounds exciting! If I were there, I'd sign up! Well, only if it were a beginner's class!
That swine flu is spreading fast! Just hate that! You should wear a mask! Take lots of sanitizers with you!