Saturday, September 5, 2009

a day in my life, Saturday hour by hour....: 8am to noon

Friday at 7am I started taking a pic of what I was looking at on the hour. Woke up today, it was 7am again, and I am still taking those shots.....


12noon: hungry for lunch, but lookit the missus' cute little behind cleaning the car! I had been painting the porch just beyond her and finished at 11:55, more about that below...

11am: the house was painted a couple of years ago and looks good, except for water drips damaging the corner of the porch. I worked on paint crews when I was in my 20s, which is not to say I am a professional, because I am terribly UNHANDY and incompetent, but any boob can succeed with painting if you follow these two rules:
1) use Benjamin Moore paint. The stuff is WONDERFUL, and an idiot like me can make one coat look gorgeous, and the dudes down at the store made me a special mix to match the yellow-green trim and did it PERFECTLY
2) use a good brush and take care of it
So, here i am scraping the old paint and finished the job in less than an hour

10am: the whole reason we needed to scrape and paint was that water has been dripping on exposed parts of the porch. My first gutter effort didn't cover enough, and had to be redone. I had an extra pair of hands to help with the ladder and all today....

9am: before we walked the dogs I had to load a bisque (first of 2) firing. It will go about 10 hours today, to over 1800 degrees, then tomorrow I can glaze the half fired pots, glaze firing to 2200 degrees on Monday.

8am: late start for us, but YES, yes, we did have chocolate cake for breakfast. I need to make those muffins this afternoon....

4 comments:

DirtKicker Pottery said...

Chocolate cake for breakfast??? I knew I like you two :)

Unknown said...

Now THAT'S what I call a good breakfast! 'Chawklit' is GOOD for you, and more is even better, so go, with my blessing, while I run check to see if there might just be any double chocolate muffins left in the kitchen somewhere. I'm so glad Momma Kitty doesn't like it, so I can keep it all for ME! Often I have to share with her but I don't really mind. Just anything but 'chawklit'!

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

So if I eat chocolate cake for breakfast, will my behind look like hers?

soubriquet said...

I'm a lousy painter, I hate doing it.
Especially when I see a real painter at work, and wonder how they can lay on the paint, smooth and even, even overhead, without overloading the brush, runs, drips, Agh!
And yes, I buy the pro paint, and the good brushes, it's not the materials, it's ME!